Thursday, October 1, 2026

Letter 2 - Spirit of God.

How do we get to know the Spirit of God. Each time we hear a passage or a verse from the Bible, there are times we will understand It and sometimes not everything. But when you seek It with your whole heart, you will find. Someone will explain It to you or you may just read It somewhere. But until you fully understand It, you will come across It that many times. This is the Holy-Spirit working in you.
And there will be changes you will experience in your inner being. These are not changes that will happen in a day but over time, over the months and years.
I don’t believe when one screams the Hallelujah’s out loud that they are spirit led, they may be good people, but they are too noisy.
The Holy-Spirit is gentle and kind.
Praying with tongues, I don’t quite get the whole concept. Because a few of them when they sing, i hear some kind of tunes… but not all times does it sound right. And I wonder would they be able to understand each other or what the other is saying? These are my long-standing questions?
Do not be deceived.

And here in Acts 2:1-4:
1 When the day of Pentecost had come, they were all together in one place. 2 And suddenly a sound came from heaven like the rush of a mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting. 3 And there appeared to them tongues as of fire, distributed and resting on each one of them. 4 And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
(214=my BusRoute-HOME)(177+37FrChristoperGoveas=214)
To the infilling of the Holy Spirit, all present including the twelve apostles began to speak with other tongues (=other languages). These were languages that they were never taught, and they spoke as the Spirit gave them utterance.
This emphasizes the disciple’s ability to speak in other tongues as filled with the Spirit, not by human skill.

6 And at this sound the multitude came together, and they were bewildered, because each one heard them speaking in his own language. 7 And they were amazed and wondered, saying, “Are not all these who are speaking Galileans? 8 And how is it that we hear, each of us in his own native language? (Acts 2:6-8)
When the crowd came, and heard the disciples speak, each listener- (of the crowd); heard them in their own native language, despite the disciples being Galileans.
On the Day of Pentecost, the Holy Spirit descended on the Disciples, empowering them to speak in tongues. They were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other languages, enabling others to know the mighty works of God.

11 we hear them telling in our own tongues the mighty works of God.” 12 And all were amazed and perplexed, saying to one another, “What does this mean?” 13 But others mocking said, “They are filled with new wine.” (Acts 2:11-13)
This is what the crowd heard the disciples speak=the works of God. Acts 2:7-8,11.
From this remarkable event, all were amazed and perplexed, and some asked, What could this mean? Others dismissed it and said, “They are full of new wine.”


AS i understand:
The gift of tongues is a prayer, where one communicates with God beyond what I could possibly understand.
I will be honest; I am uncertain on this. Because the Word of God says in Acts 2:6- because each one heard them speaking in his own language.
With people singing different variations-whatever the tune (other than film tunes that some people sing) I can try to understand but they who sing are not able to understand each other, that to me-is strange. What is missing is clarity. That is all I am saying.
A catchy tune or singing some words, is not always true evidence of the gift of tongues. You know, they say practice makes perfect, it works that way also, with the claim of the gift of tongues. And this is definitely not something I want to argue about, but i have to write what i am led to write. Nothing is upto me. 
(The deeds of kindness, love and understanding are much needed. While not being judgmental maybe someday, i could explain, why i say, what i am saying and maybe you would understand. Sometimes people are cruel. And people who claim to be filled with the Spirit, in them i have experienced more cruelty or a lack of love.)
And since we are on the topic, I don’t think it will seem strange to you, but of all the people in the congregation with the gift of tongues, I am the only one who cannot at all sing like they do. Do I feel weird or left out, no, but I do feel strange. God always has His reasons, and everything happens in His time.
But I believe if something is meant to be, it will be. NO RUSH!

This is how I see it-you speak a language called-Agape. And I am an English speaker.
We both have received the Holy Spirit.
The difference being, we speak different languages, where both of us don’t know the other’s language.
NOW, you are singing, and I do not understand, because you are singing in your language Agape. Here the Holy Spirit becomes the Translator making me hear the words in English, though all the words are in Agape. That is the Power of The Holy-Spirit.
I will rephrase this I am able to hear you in English even though you are singing in Agape and I have no knowing of the language.
BUT The Holy Spirit working in us, makes us understand each other clearly. We need the Holy Spirit in our lives.
We are a complicated world, in need of GOD.

Speaking to God in tongues is Praising God in simple phrases, it could be repetitive, and could sound “gibberish-not my word of usage”, but I don’t claim to understand this. Only God knows and understands the words of the human heart.

Please also READ... Letter 3

Current Page:            Letter 2 - Spirit of God.
Please continue to read: Letter 3 - Summary and Conclusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment