Tuesday, February 28, 2023

DO!!! In Remembrance of ME!

And you shall remember all the way which the Lord your God has led you these forty years in the wilderness, that he might humble you, testing you to know what was in your heart, whether you would keep his commandments, or not. Deuteronomy 8:2
This command of Moses-Remember!
Moses reiterates: Do not forget the Lord, your God.

Jesus said: “Do this in remembrance of me” 1 Corinthians 11:24. Do!
Through His death and resurrection, Jesus conquered sin and death and reconciled us to God. The Eucharist is the memorial of this sacrifice. 
Jesus approaches us gently, offering Himself to us, inviting us to draw closer to Him! 
The celebration of the Mass heals the wounds within us and strengthens our resolve in God. The Eucharistic Adoration continues the work of the Mass within us.
Do this in Memory of me is a Call to Action


LUKE 23:42-43 And he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.” And he said to him, “Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in Paradise.”
At the Last Supper Jesus gives a new commandment: “Do this in remembrance of me.” Luke 22:19

LUKE 23:42 And he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.”
If you look a little deeply, you will see the criminal partook in that Holy celebration of the mass, there on Good Friday! 

Jesus was nailed to the Cross. The criminal crucified next to Jesus asks Him, if He would remember him, when they would both be on the other side of death.
His simple but most powerful words, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.” The criminal asks for mercy, he asks for Jesus to remember.
And Jesus remarkably answers him, “Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in Paradise.”
We do know, that this criminal-thief turned to Jesus. And Jesus, dying Himself, answered with generosity.
When going through difficult times—there could be times, when we feel that Jesus doesn’t really care. At these times, we need to remember the criminal-thief on the cross and how Jesus responded to him.
Prayer:-Forgive me, Lord, for not counting on your mercy. Forgive me, Lord, for the times I failed.

We think the celebration of the mass, is just praying for our needs or for the souls in Purgatory.
But the truth is that every mass is a celebration and how truly blessed we are when we realize the vast infinite goodness of God in giving us the key to Heaven. Remember Jesus words, “Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in Paradise.”
Imagine, the infinite graces we receive when we truly repent and come to God in the celebration of the mass.
We are forgiven immediately. And being with Jesus in His suffering, participating in that celebration of the mass gives us in the words of Jesus, Himself, PARADISE!

I have heard, people question another person's level of integrity. While it may not be a strong characteristic point, who can know another person. And yet they will say, if the person never changes, what is the use of that person going every day to Church. We don’t know, we don’t truly understand, but yes, we like to assume that we know it all.
What they mean to say, is, it was better that person never went. For they believe that when one goes to Church daily, one can do no wrong. But you know, we are not to judge. And I have not ever met anyone who has not ever made a mistake. God’s grace is what saves us.
And truly at the celebration of the mass, the grace of God awaits us in abundance. When we leave this world, we will come into the presence of Jesus, there it will be counted to us the number of times, we partook in the celebration of the mass and the infinite graces we received.
Therefore, at the celebration of the mass, remember the good thief and these words of his, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.” (*Remember he had faith and he dared to ask*)
And Jesus’s promise is there at that celebration of the mass, “Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in Paradise.”
God is FAITHFUL!
When I am before Jesus, I say, Remember me Lord!

Today, the 20th of November, Jesus lets me understand-
Every mass avails of graces, we do not truly understand. INFINITE!

REMEMBER – REMEMBER: Come for every celebration of the mass. Come be with Jesus! For every mass you participate in, does wonders to your soul. It does to mine.


No comments:

Post a Comment