Saturday, February 25, 2023

The Way, The Truth, The Life

Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if any one hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me. Revelation 3:20


Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; John 14:6

I am the way
And he said to all, “If any man would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. Luke 9:23
Jesus makes it clear that we won’t know the defined way we are supposed to travel in life. In all simpliticy we have to know and trust Jesus, and walk in faith that HE is the way. When we abide in Him, we can rest in the comfort of faith – that He will lead us exactly where we need to go as we walk with Him.
14 I am the good shepherd; I know my own and my own know me, 15 as the Father knows me and I know the Father; and I lay down my life for the sheep. 16 And I have other sheep, that are not of this fold; I must bring them also, and they will heed my voice. So there shall be one flock, one shepherd. 17 For this reason the Father loves me, because I lay down my life, that I may take it again. 18 No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again; this charge I have received from my Father.” John 10:14-18
Jesus is comparing Himself to a shepherd and we are His sheep. We have to trust Jesus our Shepherd and when we follow Jesus, He leads us to exactly where we need to be.
Jesus is the way to the Father. And after we have completed the journey of this life, we will find ourselves in a place of rest where the Father is.
“COME, Follow ME”

Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28


I am the TRUTH
John begins his Gospel with, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God" John 1:1.
When Jesus prayed with the Father on the evening before His death, Jesus said,
“Sanctify them in the truth; thy word is truth.” John 17:17
God alone is the Creator of all, He is the fountain of all truth. Truth can only be understood or defined with God as the Source.
To accept the truth of God is to see clearly, to know with certainty, and to find life everlasting.


I am the LIFE
I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?” John 11:25-26
I am the resurrection and the life.
When Jesus refers to Himself as the way, the truth, and the life, He is giving us a better way to live our lives through Him. He is showing us that through following Him daily in faith, He will lead us to a better, more meaningful life than we could ever find on our own.

For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God sent the Son into the world, not to condemn the world, but that the world might be saved through him. John 3:16-17     333

No comments:

Post a Comment