Tuesday, March 31, 2020

PerfectLOVE! Gods Kindness 2


LOVE is the most important part of our relationship to God. God loves us and He has given us the spirit of adoption by which we call Him, “Abba, father!”

There is no fear in love. But perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.  1 John 4:18  
When I am terrified, I bring 1 John 4:18 to my mind. It calms me down. I leave everything to Jesus.
  • Fear is a terrible thing. There is a fear of the unknown.
  • Love transforms us, it fills us with courage.
  • Believe in God’s love for us; believe in Abba Father. We have nothing to be afraid of.
Think of this, Jesus could sleep through the fury of the storm on that sea because He was so filled with love that He was fearless. It was His love and trust in His Father, that calmed the storm. His love is the power of God that saves, heals, and brings wholeness and peace.


God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him. In this is love perfected with us, that we may have confidence for the day of judgment, because as he is so are we in this world. 1 John 4:16-17 
Love’s opposite is fear. By faith through grace, Christ sets us free from the powers of sin and death. 
Jesus says, He won’t let sin touch me. 
On my final day in my final hour, Jesus has promised to be here with me. Jesus has promised to hold me in His arms. One day I asked Jesus if I would be terribly sick when I am dying. Jesus said, the final hour does not mean that, it just means that I will be with you, I will hold you, I will take you with me to meet Abba Father. 
So I don’t know when my final hour is. But I know it will be extremely beautiful and I’m excited for my day with Jesus and meeting Abba Father and for everything that Jesus has told me.


Following is a short story. The author's name is unknown. 
During one of the most turbulent of the desert wars in the Middle East, a spy was captured and sentenced to death by a general of the Persian army. The general, a man of intelligence, had adopted an unusual custom. He permitted the condemned person to make a choice. The prisoner could either face the firing squad or pass through the Black Door. 
As the moment of the execution drew near, the general ordered the spy to be brought before him for a final interview. The purpose was to receive the answer to the query: “What shall it be–the firing squad or the Black Door?” This was not an easy decision and the prisoner made it known that he preferred the firing squad to the unknown horrors that might await him behind the mysterious door. 
Not long after, a volley of shots announced that the grim sentence had been fulfilled. The general, staring at his boots, said to his aide, “You see how it is with men; they will always prefer the known way to the unknown. It is characteristic of people to be afraid of the undefined. Yet I gave him his choice.” 
“What lies behind the Black Door?” asked the aide. “Freedom,” replied the general, “and I’ve known only a few brave enough to take it.” 

We often want to know what will happen tomorrow. When David was captured by the Philistines, David did not know what the future held. Fear began to rise from within. But in his fear, he turned to the one constant in his life – GOD. 

Love overcomes all. 

Believe that God’s love for us never fails; that nothing can separate us from God’s love which is found in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? Romans 8:35

No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:37-39

Fear is overcome when we love God and trust God. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13 
Keep GOD first place. 

REMEMBER: True love is a long and lasting affection. Love waits to the end of time and it is faithful. When we reach out with love to our brothers and sisters in need, we are immeasurably blessed ourselves. 
  • Love is unconditional – No give and take. 
  • Love is to eternity - Always and forever. 
  • Love is sacrifice – where you focus on the good of the other. Less of me and more of you.
Let Jesus be your still, calm place in the midst of the storm. Let Him be the ground of your being, your life, your reality so that when the world throws its worst your way, you will be able to stand and even thrive. This is MY PRAYER FOR YOU.  

This is my request, that if you could, please do continue to read. 
Storm - Forewarning

No comments:

Post a Comment