Sunday, August 20, 2023

Simple Joys!

Happy people focus on being happy. When happiness depends on external factors, you will hear people say, I will be happy when I get this or this. There are conditions for their happiness. And that happiness is short lived. 

Joy simply means the gladness of the heart.
Often, we ignore to take in the littlest pleasures, such as the fragrance of the beautiful flowers on our way home. There is beauty in nature, there is beauty outside my window. There is beauty in my walk to Mt. Carmel’s Church. There is beauty everywhere. These are things that gladden my heart.
The little bird sounds-the way the sparrows chirp, the branches as they sway to the sound of the breeze, the warmth of the sun on my skin.
An evening at the beach, where the waves meet my feet and I walk on the sand as it causes me to relax. As I watch the sunset, and as I close my eyes, I feel the gentle caress of the ocean breeze.
The little - simple joys that we often overlook, they have the capacity to fill our lives with JOY forever.

Jesus is the true Joy of my life. Without Him, I cease to exist. He is my ALL! With Him, everything is beautiful, every colour is splendid.
Jesus is the Joy of living-A hymn.
I have found a wondrous Saviour,
Jesus Christ, The Soul's Delight;
Every blessing of His favor
Fills my heart with hope so bright.
O what splendor, O what glory,
O what matchless power divine,
Is the Christ of Gospel story,
Christ, the Saviour, Who is mine.


In John 15:10-11, Jesus says: If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commandments and abide in his love. These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full.

When Mary Visits Elizabeth: - Luke 1:43-44 And why is this granted me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me? For behold, when the voice of your greeting came to my ears, the babe in my womb leaped for joy.
Luke 1:46-47 46 And Mary said, (Mary’s Song of Praise) “My soul magnifies the Lord, and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior, (“to rejoice, be joyful.”)

Luke 2:9-10 (To the shepherds). And the angel said to them, “Be not afraid; for behold, I bring you good news of a great joy which will come to all the people; for to you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.
Luke 2:13-14 And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God and saying, “Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace among men with whom he is pleased!”
Luke 2:9-10 Jesus is The Son of God. When we completely trust in God – no matter the storm, our hearts will be filled with JOY – knowing that God is in control of every situation in our lives. In Trust comes a surrender-a knowing that God will take care of me. And Joy fills the heart.
Luke 2:13-14 When Jesus is our EVERYTHING - PEACE will flow.
God’s love is His Peace that flows like a river, flowing out to all. God’s Peace sets all of us captives free.

TO CONCLUDE:
Happiness is momentary.
Joy is more than a happy feeling. Joy is eternal-everlasting!
It comes from the choice to trust that God will fulfill His promises.

A grateful heart means that you find appreciation in everything around you. And Life becomes beautiful.
A grateful heart invites God’s presence. A grateful heart is a magnet for miracles.
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18. Rejoice always, pray constantly, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
Give thanks for everything.
Count your blessings!
No matter what your circumstance in life is, choose to sing a song of praise to God!
Focus on the goodness of God! Focus on His Promises and His Faithfulness.
God is the giver of all good gifts. A grateful heart reminds us that God is our Provider.

In Christ, we always have reason for joy and thankfulness, no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment