Saturday, December 20, 2014

To you, my love!

 
My People,
 
Good Morning! Here we are, and we are getting closer each day to my favourite time of the year. It’s Christmas -
It’s a HOPE that heals the hurt in our hearts.
It’s a HOPE that we have today.
It’s a HOPE that when things get weary we will never be alone.
 
Luke 1:38 states - And Mary said, “Behold, I am the handmaid of the Lord; let it be to me according to your word.” And the angel departed from her.
 
My dreams had to be God’s dreams, the one He’s placed in my heart. They couldn't be the ones I thought I should have, or needed.
If I followed my will, which at times, knowingly and unknowingly I have done, I am sorry God. Let me like Mary say, Your will in me be done.
 
 
 
Day 23rd November, 2014 – I love Christmas carols. At, Mt. Carmel Church, we had the Cantata choir. I loved their enthusiasm with which they sang.
But of all the things I loved, what did stand out was their love for the gift of music in them.  
I say ‘Love your life.’ What it implies is that you appreciate God’s creation, yourself. You understand that you are God’s magnificent gift and in so doing you have appreciated God. And when you do you are open to Gods ways in your life.
Coming back, this is what they stated in their opening line, they made an earnest request of everyone in the Church to switch off their cells and they asked that nothing be recorded.
There was one woman, who was recording them as they were singing. One of the volunteers came and asked the woman to have her cell switched off. I appreciated that with all my heart.
 
 
When the mass celebration is going on we hear every now and then 1 or 2 people who keep their cells switched on. When you come with a Love for God, you will never do such a thing. The sheer act of such behaviour implies that there is no reverence to God in the house of God.
When watching a movie or a game you wouldn’t want to be disturbed, because you could miss an important dialogue or a pass at a game-depending on what you are watching.
The celebration of the mass is of intrinsic (essential) value.  
When you love someone, you cannot hurt them. You desire every moment to be with them. You savour every second. You do not want anything to come in between you and your love.
You can gaze at into each other’s eyes and that becomes your world.  
Every word spoken becomes important - Every gesture.
When you love someone – Love becomes you.
 
 
 
I love to speak on this particular topic. I do not remember the day. But it is something that will forever remain with me. A valuable lesson I learnt. Well taught.
Fr. Ashlyn was conducting the Bible study class, and of a sudden he called a kid in front and gave her a chocolate, she took the chocolate from Fr. and thanked him. Fr. Ashlyn looked at all of us, and said if I gave this to any one of you, you would have questions to ask. And that is so true. We need to be like kids. Open to receiving what God freely gives.
  
St. Paul in Colossians 1:10 states - “Walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in knowledge of God”.
Paul tells us to put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience; bearing with one another, and forgiving one another, just as the Lord forgave you, so also should you.
We need to be more like Christ-Kind and gentle, more forgiving.
 
My mom is the Head of the Eucharistic ministers in St. Blaise. When my mom, prays for anyone her prayer always gets answered. I have learnt to have faith watching my mom. My younger three brothers are the answer to her prayers.
 
Day 15th December, 2014 – Sometimes, some lessons are learnt the hard way. All I did after receiving communion was call out to God, from the depths of my heart. I know that I called on God because I did not know what else to do?
 

Day 16th December, 2014 – When hurt, the Spirit of God is always the closest. When one calls the Holy Spirit is quick to respond.
If told to move to the right, you do-if told to move to the left, you do. You obey.  
I had been for both the mass in the morning.
I reached Church a little after 7:30 p.m. for the prayer meeting. Noticed there was a party going on. Enquired with the ladies outside and they invited me to which I thanked them and made a move. When walking across, I suddenly felt the impulse and went attended the mass.
There is this one instance, which I remember - after attending confirmation classes I saw my mom in the Church. From inside my mom called me to come for the mass and being with my friends I just walked away. Of course my mom got this behaviour of mine corrected. So today, when I passed by I attended the mass, this being my third for the day. I enjoyed the mass. When I hold Jesus the desire is stronger-it grows each day. I cannot resist giving a kiss to Jesus and so I did.
 
The first time I read Padre Pio’s letter to Annita Rodote, I felt that he wrote it with me in mind too. Each passing day I am convinced even more. At this moment, I feel his presence around me. I can feel my heartbeat.
This is one of the things Padre Pio has mentioned in his letter: Before leaving the church, take your leave of Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament; ask His forgiveness for the shortcomings committed in His divine presence.
  
 
 
Jonah a prophet was told by God to go to Nineveh, and preach against their wickedness and call them to repentance. The fact that God would offer them an opportunity to repent made Jonah mad. So he got on a ship going in the opposite direction.
A storm broke out on sea. The ship's crew cast lots to see who was responsible for a calamity. The lot fell to Jonah and he admitted that he was the culprit and he told them to throw him overboard so that the sea would become calm again. They threw Jonah into the sea, and it calmed down.
Jonah was swallowed alive by a whale and was in the belly for three days and three nights. Jonah prayed acknowledging God’s sovereignty. God did not allow Jonah to be drowned because He still had a plan for his life and for the people of Nineveh.
Here is what the prayer says: "I cried out to the Lord because of my affliction, and He answered me. Out of the belly of Sheol I cried, and You heard my voice. For You cast me into the deep, into the heart of the seas, And the floods surrounded me; all Your billows and Your waves passed over me. Then I said, 'I have been cast out of Your sight; Yet I will look again toward Your holy temple.' The waters surrounded me, even to my soul; the deep closed around me; Weeds were wrapped around my head. I went down to the moorings of the mountains; the earth with its bars closed behind me forever; Yet You have brought up my life from the pit, O Lord, my God. When my soul fainted within me, I remembered the Lord; and my prayer went up to You, Into Your holy temple." Jonah 2:2-7
When Jonah was thrown overboard he expected to die. At the same time a hope rose from within him. Something from inside him still trusted God. He surrendered his will. He would no longer fight the plan of God.
After 3 days in the belly of the fish he vowed that he would now do whatever God wanted him to do. When the Lord said a second time to go to Nineveh, Jonah went and preached God's message to the great city.
This is God's compassion and His mercy to the people of Ninevah. God patiently kept pursuing Jonah and protecting him until he had a change of heart. God is all forgiving. Surrender to His will and be determined to obey no matter what He tells you to do.
 


 
Day 17th December, 2014 – The Bible I carry is a new revised standard version which would just not fit into my bag on the given day. I am used to having my Bible with me. I have carried the Bible in my good times and my not so good times-through the rain and through the storms of life. I stuck with my Bible as my Bible stuck with me. The Holy Spirit gently reminded me of my cousins Bible on the day. At class I realized when others were reading that it was a revised standard version. On coming home, it was pretty clear and so I asked my cousin IF I could have the Bible?
One of my happiest days ever.
 
Day 18th December, 2014 – I have had a fascination for the number 13.
Today I remembered one of my cousins who is no more in this world. His birthday being the 13th of July.  He had this habit of carrying a particular bag with finesse. My mom gave me her odd looking bag to hold and I just had to pull her leg on it, so I said, ‘I am his cousin you know.’ My mom said he would be proud of you.
We were out shopping, and we were given a token number-my cousin was busy-so I put my hand in front-I was given number 13. When my cousin asked me for it-I told him that’s mine.
I am thinking on the lines of the title for this topic and the number 13 comes to mind(the prior events). When filled with these thoughts I see 444 (Tobit-pg on my Bible) and still uncertain of the title I yet again see 444 all in a span of 3-4 minutes. Now I have no doubts whatsoever.
 



 
St. Raphael the Archangel is sent by God to heal Sarah, who, grieved by her trials and the insults of others, has begged God for death. Sarah had been married seven times and seven times had seen her husband killed on their wedding night by a jealous demon.
Raphael persuades a young man named Tobiah to marry Sarah, assuring him that he will not be the demon's next victim. Tobiah follows Raphael's directions for driving the demon away, then he and Sarah pray together for God's mercy and deliverance. God hears them, and (to the relief of Sarah's father, who already had a grave dug for son-in-law number eight) they spend their wedding night in marital bliss.
Raphael is an archangel commissioned by God to lead us to the person God has chosen as our spouse from all eternity.
For instance God knows very well where we both are. It seems pointless to run about searching for a mate. Tobiah — he was simply running an errand for his father, but Raphael led him to Sarah. Being where God wants you to be, doing what He wants you to do, means you'll be ready for the spouse He has for you, whether you meet him or her tomorrow or in 10-20 years.
The words in the prayer to St. Raphael says our partner should be loyal, pure and sincere so that together we may strive to perfect ourselves in soul and body.
Trying to live a chaste life can be even more difficult when you doubt that God has a plan for you at all. God’s plan is that you marry the person according to His Holy Will, with whom you can live in peace, love and harmony in this life, and attain to eternal joy in the next. And that person is worth waiting for.
 

A friend was speaking to me about the poor people in our country. She had contempt in her manner of speaking. She disliked the idea that poor kids eat chips and stuff as it costs. Her basic notion was that they do this often. She believed that when they have the money, they must not spend on such things. I just told her something that we all need to keep in mind. Kids being kids, they watch and learn.  We all watch and learn. We all have desires. Kids do too, so how wrong is it if they want to eat the things that others eat? Not at all, we need to have an open heart.
We need to not discriminate. We need to love everybody who is anybody. Nobody must ever be left feeling unloved and uncared for. We as Christians must reach one and all.
Reach out with your thoughts, with your words, in all that you do-let all your thoughts be of love-to love and for love. Empty yourself and let everything in you be God.
God does no wrong. God is all truth encompassing. God is faithful. God loves all.
 

With all my Love,
For Love Prevails!
AnitA.
 
 
 
 
 
 
PRAYER: Abba, Father, keep me obedient and always faithful. Remember, this your servant.
Mama Mary keep me humble, I pray. Amen.
 

1 comment:

  1. God is love! :heart: Catholic blogwalking :-) http://emmanuel959180.blogspot.in/


    Immanuel

    Deus caritas est. God is love. Deus é amor. Dios es amor. Dieu est amour. Dio è amore. A Catholic blog in English, Portuguese, Spanish, French and Italian.

    ReplyDelete