Sunday, May 22, 2022

Celebrate Life!


People often ask me this question, do you trust me?
And I breathe in gently, and then answer, I don’t know you that well.
And immediately I sense a shock and sometimes pain. The pain gets to me because there is hurt. I don’t want to hurt any ones feelings.
But, I have never trusted anyone, all through my growing years. So I have never felt betrayed. I have been hurt numerous times, because people always do hurtful things. But I have never felt betrayed.
Betrayal is a violation of a person's trust or confidence. And you feel betrayed only when you put your trust in another person.
You betray a person you cause them untold grief.
Psalms 118:8–9
It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man.
It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in princes.

Remember: At all times, place your trust in the Lord.


This month of May, I was to be in Mangalore. My parents were expecting me to visit them. My parents, with the grace of God, are healthy, and so it is hard for them to understand my condition.
In my heart, I knew I could not make this journey.
With God’s grace and will, I am able to drag my feet to Mt. Carmel’s Church and back. Something I cannot explain to anyone.
The promises of Jesus, are in a queue, including the promise of restoration. I trust Jesus completely and I am excited. But, it has been a long time and Jesus reminds me gently that it will all come together. I know, I am in Gods time.
Previously, in the last two years, even when I felt worse, I have travelled. Jesus, tells me, you are not leaving and do not worry for your parents. I want you to stay back. And this is the first time, Jesus directed me in this manner.
And who could I share this with?
My cousin, left for Mangalore. I know my parents, will be happy that someone came. 
For the first time I am by myself. And this probably, is for longer than a month. New experience.
But Jesus watches over me. I know.

In reality, I am too sick, and I find no reason why, I should be, but I am. I cry out to Jesus telling Him, that I have nothing left in me, I cannot move or do anything. I cannot reach anywhere, Lord. I cannot help anyone, even myself. Jesus tells me to leave everything to Him.
In my body, I am dead, there is nothing in me, but spiritually my eyes are fixed on Jesus, always waiting for Him to come. I wait! Please come, Jesus!

Yesterday, the 17th of May, after the mass and the prayer room, I waited. I saw the girls tying the net. They play throw ball and I love the game. I watched them play for 10-15 minutes after which I left. But when I was there, one of the girls asked me, if I wanted to play. I replied, I don’t have a good serve. In a way, I have not played for years. When I did, I may not have been the best, but I played real good. Because I played all the time, every time.
On my way back home, I did not feel my feet dragging. I was on a high.

I’ll explain the reason as to why I am talking about this. The matter seems small, it isn’t so.

‘No’ is the quickest answer in my vocabulary. I reply in this manner, only because I see others better than myself. But with a ‘NO’ you close the doors to everything.
With the Spirit of God, I have learnt a no is not always a bad reply. Sometimes it is for a good reason.
So in this instance of throw ball, my answer previously would be a NO. But now, with learning, from the Spirit of God, I answered, ‘I don’t have a good serve’
A no would have closed the doors.
But this keeps the door or window open. And this to me means, I am closer than I think. All I need to do is be prepared. Be OPEN! It is just around the corner. 

So am I really talking about throw ball? I love the game and yes I would love to prepare myself to play. And yes I want to play.
But no, the matter is not just throw ball, it is a matter of life to life.

Am I prepared for what I pray for?
Am I ready?
When you walk with God, when you are trained by the Spirit of God, then you begin to understand things and see them differently.

Let’s just say, when you move in faith things begin to change. And till you reach that point, where you are meant to be, things keep moving.
Only when you are Open and you believe
Mark 9:23 All things are possible to him who believes.



I believe that when God destines something to you, no matter where you turn, that thing that is destined to be yours, will always be yours.
One, it is a matter of belief or a matter of conviction. 
Two, Prayer can make the impossible ---- POSSIBLE!
In the yellow ribbon, the central character, the man returning home, in his letter, tells the woman he loves that if he sees the yellow ribbon, then he would know he is welcome or if not, he would simply move on. Years back, he left home, for a better life, but now, he realizes and wants to make amends. He wants to return home.
The woman he writes to seems to be a silent sufferer. Years back he left her. She knew that was his decision and she watched him go. She is not the one to cut short his path to happiness.
Moral: Suffering is essential. It is a prayer, made in the silence of one’s heart. She silently suffered his absence. But her suffering was a continuous prayer in the presence of God. Therefore no matter, which part of the Universe, whether on Earth or in the infinite space, he simply had to come to her.
Suffering and prayer go hand in hand.

Remember: God has no favorites.
God cannot be manipulated to change His mind-from one second to the other.
Be fully convinced God knows His decisions. God is Omniscient (God knows all things)
God know what He wants to bless each person with. 
Our prayers don’t change His mind. Our prayers change us. They make us realize how helpless we truly are. And in the situation we are, we come to an understanding of how deeply we need God!

Therefore, this is what I must pray. 
Lord, I need You, oh, I need You
Every hour, I need You
My one defense, my righteousness
Oh God, how I need You.


Celebrate God – He deserves our Praise!
Celebrate Life – It is God’s gift to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment