Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Never Doubt!


My People,

Good Morning! I am supposing that the first thought of yours when you wake up in the morning, is of the one you love. Isn’t it wonderful to have some reason to wake up each morning?
 

Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the wicked, nor stands in the way of sinners, nor sits in the seat of scoffers; but his delight is in the law of the LORD, and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water, that yields its fruit in its season, and its leaf does not wither. In all that he does, he prospers. The wicked are not so, but are like chaff which the wind drives away. Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous; for the LORD knows the way of the righteous, but the way of the wicked will perish. Psalm 1:1-6


Happiness is not dependent on the factor that everything works right in your life. Happiness is a belief that everything will work alright, because God is IN CHARGE.   


If you ask me what is Love – I would say a voice that calls from the depth of ones heart and is heard by another. I called for LOVE!
 

 
 
I love to watch love stories and it must have a happy ending or I won’t watch it at all.
A week back, I watched the movie, “Letters to Juliet”.
This is a movie about Sophie who is on a visit to Italy with her fiancĂ©e and happens to be helping in collecting letters off from the wall. On doing so, she accidentally pulls off a brick from the wall thus finding a letter dated 50 years back. She opens and reads it to the other women. These women respond to all the letters on behalf of Juliet. Below is the letter from Claire to Juliet-
 

Verona 1957
I didn’t go to him, Juliet. I didn’t go to Lorenzo. His eyes were so full of trust. I promised I’d meet him to run away together, because my parents don’t approve. But instead I’m here in Verona at the very moment Lorenzo is waiting for me, below our tree waiting and wondering where I am.
I return to London in the morning, and I’m so afraid. Oh please Juliet,
tell me what should I do. My heart is breaking and I have no one to turn to.
love
Claire

   

After reading the letter out loud, Sophie asks if she can respond to this letter.
Claire’s grandson is not too happy with Juliet’s reply and he lets Sophie and the other ladies know that. Claire lost her husband a long time back. And her grandson lost his parents in an accident when he was 9.  
Claire and her grandson and Sophie set out on a chase to find Claire’s-True Love. Just when Claire has happily accepted the fact, that maybe it could be too much a search, she finds him. 

  




Although the Ninevites rejected God, He still had compassion on them and He sent Jonah to give them a message that they were to be destroyed. Jonah, however, did not share God’s compassion for the Ninevites.
Jonah’s experience in the belly of the whale provides him with an opportunity to seek deliverance, as he repents. His initial disobedience leads not only to his personal revival, but to that of the Ninevites as well.
 
Jonah's fear and pride cause him to run from God. He does not wish to go to Nineveh to preach repentance to the people, as God has commanded, because he feels they are his enemies, and he is convinced that God will not carry out His threat to destroy the city. Instead he boards a ship for Tarshish, which is in the opposite direction. Soon a raging storm causes the crew to cast lots and determine that Jonah is the problem. They throw him overboard, and he is swallowed by a great fish. In its belly for 3 days and 3 nights, Jonah repents of his sin to God, and the fish vomits him up on dry land Jonah then makes the trip to Nineveh and leads the city in a great revival. But the prophet is displeased instead of being thankful when Nineveh repents. Jonah learns his lesson, when God uses a wind, a gourd and a worm to teach him that He is merciful.

 


In Matthew 12:40-41, Jesus declares that He will be in the grave the same amount of time Jonah was in the whale’s belly. Jesus goes on to say that while the Ninevites repented in the face of Jonah’s preaching, the Pharisees and teachers of the Law who rejected Jesus were rejecting The One who is far greater than Jonah. Just as Jonah brought the truth of God regarding repentance and salvation to the Ninevites, so too does Jesus bring the same message (Jonah 2:9; John 14:6) of salvation of and through God alone.

We cannot hide from God. What He wishes to accomplish through us will come to pass, despite all our objections. Ephesians 2:10 reminds us –‘For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.’ - that He has plans for us and will see to it that we conform to those plans. How much easier it would be if we, unlike Jonah, would submit to Him without delay!

   


I always have wanted to write on the Priests I know and love. These are the people I appreciate.
 
Fr. Joe – I have seen Fr. Joe when I was attending sunday classes as a kid. Always appreciated him, always thought I have to come some day, this close to see his face. Never did. Then in 2010-2011 I happened to come to Church and Fr. Joe was the celebrant at the mass and I am taken by surprise.
For the first time I receive communion from his hands, for the first time I am standing just where I can clearly see his face. It’s been ages. My wish came true.  


Fr. William – When Fr. gave his introduction of all the words he spoke these 3 I will always remember - Faith, Hope & Love. I will always remember that. I love the way Fr. Pronounces the word ‘Ever’. I hope for you to hear it? I have and there is so much love when he utters that word.
During mass, if it is a feast of a particular saint, Fr. William always makes it a point to speak of the saint and for the homily, Fr. Explains the reading in relation with the Gospel. I love that about Fr. Willie.

Fr. Alvaro – I love speaking with my good friend. Can I call him that? Fr. is such a sweet hearted, friendly person. He is always cheerful. I love chatting with Fr. He has a funny sense of humour.

 
Fr. Lenny – Shy and simple. Don’t know much because I have never spoken with Fr. But I appreciate the way he is.
 



Fr. Ashlyn I had this picture in mind that Fr. Ashlyn is a very serious kind of person. He is shy but has a wonderful sense of humour. And it is a pleasure to watch him laugh. It is also a pleasure to be having him conduct the Bible classes. Love his homilies.
 
Fr. Warner – The ability to speak his mind with such ease it is a pleasure to the ears. I thank God for him.  
The most bold person I have had the pleasure of ever meeting.
 
Fr. Byron – I love the way Fr. Byron utters the words Abba Father and in the manner he lifts the Bible and sings ‘Praise, Praise, Praise be to Jesus, now and ever more’. Fr. Byron is very polite when he speaks and he makes sure to answer the questions that are asked. I appreciate that.
 
Fr. Leslie – The most simplest of all the people I know. You only have to speak with him. The first year that Fr. Leslie had come, when there was a blessing to be given for the teachers being teachers day, fr. sprinkled holy water on everyone. I loved that, because I believe everyone is a teacher. I hope for you that the child in you always is.
Fr. Leslie sings the Hail Mary in Konkani really beautifully.




Everybody wants to be appreciated. We like to be understood. The feeling that there is somebody who knows something about me-that is a unique feeling. While people can compliment you on different levels, it is another thing altogether when somebody says something that nobody has ever said before.
To me the best compliment came from my boss. He took me by surprise by calling me ‘Iron lady’. That is something I will always cherish. I have always loved those two words. And no one ever knew that I did until I wrote it here.

 

 
A departed soul needs to be cleansed of its imperfections before it can enter Heaven. The cleansing happens in Purgatory. Purification means atonement for sins and their effects on the soul. Lack of perfect holiness in a departed soul necessitates Purgatorial purification.
The Holy Sacraments and other spiritual exercises are an absolute requirement to making us holy.
God wants us to be Holy. 1 Peter 1:13-16 states "Be Holy, For I Am Holy" 
At every Holy Communion St. Gertrude beseeched Jesus for His mercy to be bestowed on the Holy Souls. Our Lord promised her that 1000 souls would be released from purgatory each time this prayer is said devoutly.
Eternal Father, I offer Thee the Most Precious Blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus, in union with the masses said throughout the world today, for all the holy souls in purgatory, for sinners everywhere, for sinners in the universal church, those in my own home and within my family. Amen.
 
Remember that our prayers for souls in purgatory, along with our sacrifices and sufferings bared with grace, can shorten their time there.
 

 

I love happy endings. So I think it is time that we return to Sophie . . . .
Sophie gets an invitation to the wedding of Claire & Lorenzo. Fifty years and love found a way for the both of them. Claire stands to thank Sophie at her wedding, and it is at this very moment, she reads out the letter that got her motivated. This is Sophie’s reply-

Dear Claire,

 
"What" and "If" are two words as non-threatening as words can be. But put them together side-by-side and they have the power to haunt you for the rest of your life: What if? What if? What if? I don't know how your story ended but if what you felt then was true love, then it's never too late. If it was true then, why wouldn't it be true now? You need only the courage to follow your heart. I don't know what a love like Juliet's feels like: love to leave loved ones for, love to cross oceans for, but I'd like to believe if I ever were to feel it, that I'd have the courage to seize it. And Claire, if you didn't, I hope one day that you will.

 
All my love,
Juliet
 

Things will happen in God’s appointed time. Not a minute before and not a second late. Claire & Lorenzo were to be married, but the perfect time for them was not in 1957 but fifty years later.
 
When God tells you to do something you do. No questions asked. When God makes a promise, He keeps it. Time is in God’s Hand.


Every thing, from the smallest atom to the whole constellation, the whole Galaxy is in God’s control.
He is The Alpha & The Omega, The All powerful and Mighty God. He calms the storm and can make the skies thunder with a ferocity that is not known to man.
When God sets the time, nothing will stand in its path. Isaiah 55:11 states - so shall my word be that goes forth from my mouth; it shall not return to me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and prosper in the thing for which I sent it.
 

 
 
With all my Love,
For Love Prevails!
AnitA.

 

 

PRAYER: Abba, Father, keep me obedient and always faithful. Remember, this your servant.
Mama Mary keep me humble, I pray. Amen.
Thank You, Abba Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment