Wednesday, March 5, 2014

This I know. . .

 


My people,

Good Morning! This is what John says in 14:27-“Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.” 

“May the Mother of Jesus and our Mother, always smile on your spirit, obtaining for it, from her Most Holy Son, every heavenly blessing.”- St. Padre Pio.

 
Love, it holds infinity, it is magnanimous and no matter how well you define it, there will always be something in addition to it. At best it is indefinable.

 
I and my brother loved this song, this is what the song does it gives you a jumpstart. So the song ‘Tubthumping’ is not really about the words or maybe the first paragraph with the chorus are. It's about the words and the beat that gives it the zing effect. It motivates you to be up and doing. But if you are trying to stay away from liquor, I suggest this would not be the song for you.

We'll be singing
When we're winning
We'll be singing
CHORUS:
I get knocked down
But I get up again
You're never gonna keep me down
I get knocked down
But I get up again
You're never going to keep me down

I like motivational songs. I like a good message and this is what this song says: I’m ready for whatever is in store. I’m not giving up. Try as much as you want, but I’m gonna get up again and there is no way, I will ever stop. I will keep singing my way to victory. I am going to win. So I might be down for a while, but I will rise.
 
I am no Quitter. I believe in a Heaven that has all the answers to the questions, we fear to ask or think why ask?
I believe that most often, we look at a circumstance and declare that it is impossible.
I know and believe that God can and will do the IMPOSSIBLE! God is a God of IMPOSSIBLES!
 



 

When you do not deal with a circumstance and or leave it undone, because of a fear, you give the upper hand to the enemy (the devil). The first time it happens, you walk away thinking the problem is too big for you. The second time it happens, you start wondering why on earth did this happen again and why me? And the third and the fourth, and you come to believe that it has come to be a part of life.

The enemy will always start with a notion, never knowing what it is that we will eventually fear. So if something happens for the first time, our tendency is to shrink back. We get too fearful. We believe in the circumstance. We speak about that moment with everyone we come around. We have no control over our mouth or our actions.

Every time that we do not deal with this circumstance we give the devil the upperhand. This is when he takes charge and calls the shots. As time goes by the situation worsens, making your suspicions grow even more stronger. And let me tell you your insecurity grows too. You become depressed, and resentful.  

The devil will knowingly attack you over and over and over. He now knows your weakness. Years pass by. You have lived with this fear and it has a complete grip on you. It has a dominant say in your life. You are a slave to your worst fears.
 


 

 

When ever you face a situation, do not fear. Deal with it in the name of God. God is bigger than all of our problems put together.
Do not magnify your fear. Magnify God.
Remember, God is bigger than your worst fear or problem.
We live in a world that is used to everything at a press of a button. We want things easy. We don’t know how it is to love, what it means to sacrifice and what it means to trust God?
 

This is what Fr. Ashlyn, said in his opening statement of his homily on Sunday for the 6:00 pm. Mass. I quote Franklin D. Roosevelt “Only Thing We Have to Fear Is Fear Itself”.

Think about it, if we did not fear, we would be pretty much able to see that beyond that road, is a Paradise for beholders.

Often we fear the unknown. The devil would like us to be where we are. Because when we are comfortable with where we are, we are not doing any damage to him.

  





 

It’s Ash Wednesday, and the beginning of the lent season-it’s a day of fast and abstinence. It’s not a day for you to announce to every Tom and Harry that you are on a fast. It is a part of repentance, of turning away from sin and back to God.

During the lent season, its not uncommon to hear people boast of their fasting or of how they only eat fish or veggies. It’s great, I do appreciate that, but really do you have to go and announce that to every one? Shouldn’t it be that you keep a fast and only your Father in Heaven, knows about it.

Matthew 6:16-18 states- "And when you fast, do not look dismal, like the hypocrites, for they disfigure their faces that their fasting may be seen by men. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you fast, anoint your head and wash your face, that your fasting may not be seen by men but by your Father who is in secret; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you.

 

I love simplicity and humility.  I love simple – uncomplicated people.



 

John the Baptist calls for the people to repent and he baptizes them in the river Jordan, thus preparing the people for the coming of the Messiah. John wants everyone to know that there’s someone who is "more powerful" and will baptize them "with the holy Spirit". Look at what Jesus does. Jesus goes to the river to be baptized by John. Jesus acknowledges John’s efforts. That’s acknowledgement from the Son of God. And the Father acknowledges ‘His Son’ and John the Baptist by saying of Jesus, ‘This is my Beloved Son’ in whom I am well pleased.
What an acknowledgement from the ‘Holy Trinity’.
Mark 1:11 states - and a voice came from heaven, “Thou art my beloved Son; with thee I am well pleased.” 


 

My heart is moved, at the sight of a leper.
Mark 1:40 states- And a leper came to him beseeching him, and kneeling said to him, "If you will, you can make me clean."
Look at this man and what he asks of Jesus and the way he puts his words across. Look at his faith. How marvellous. We don’t see this kind of faith? Do we?
 

Fr. Ashlyn always begins the Bible class with the words LISTEN and then somewhere in between he goes on to say, Be opened.
When you begin to read the Bible, you would need to pray to understand Gods message and then to understand and imply the message in your life. God is always speaking, how the message comes and through whom, for that you need to keep the doors of the mind always open.

Be open to Gods wondrous and amazing ways. You are loved by the Almgighty God.




With all my Love,
For Love Prevails!
AnitA.




 



This I know. . .
This I know to be true,
So I waited and waited,
I waited an eternity for you,
Just to be the one
to say, “I love you”.

  

PRAYER:
Abba, Father, keep me obedient and always faithful. Remember, this your servant.
Mama Mary keep me humble, I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment