Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Deliver me, JESUS!


 
My people,

Good Morning! This is what Isaiah says in 26:3 - “You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.”

“From the desire of being esteemed and from the desire of being preferred to others… Deliver me Jesus.”
 
This has been the longest 2 weeks of my life. It’s been hard. The road is a long and winding one. It matters to me that there is a finish line. And really it is crucial to hold on. Have you toiled so much for something in your life? Given it all your best. All you need to do is sit back and watch it come to fruition.

Jesus meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto thine.

 
Life is indeed full of surprises! IT is to the one who believes in God.

I am a wretched sinner.  I have committed my fair share of mistakes. Learnt that one can make a mistake – and that’s really the easy part. The most difficult is to watch that a single mistake can be so hurting to someone else, it can break their heart.
 
The hardest thing to do is be humble. I have this in my nature to be point blank. You could say, being bold is not something that is not in my character, because it is by God’s grace and nothing of my doing. For I am but dust and to dust I will return. If someone does injustice of any kind to anyone or me, I would never be quiet about that. I have always battled my way and never have I battled without God. The other day when someone, said something as harsh as what this person said, there were 2 reasons I did not do anything, firstly it was because God was teaching me a lesson in Humility and second this person, is who I call friend. Later on I realized there is a whole lot to humility but this is what I had to begin with.
 



Jesus meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto thine.
 
It’s not that if you are bold, you are not humble, but that’s the whole thing really. It’s your trust in God, to be on the call of God- His will, becomes your way. Your heart  moves in rhythm with His.
 
Every heart is so precious to God. You hurt any one and you hurt God. And you hurt God bad.
 
When people pass paper ads, circulars or whatever you may call them, I take it and thank them. Thing is they have been given a job to do.
When I am a distance away I watch some people pass by carrying the circulars (ads) with them, and some just pass by walking ahead like no ones there. I watch the expression of the one giving the pamphlets and when someone takes it there is that spark on the face. I don’t want to miss any opportunity of bringing a smile on someone’s face. I know each time I do that, God smiles too. And that is so wonderful. Wonderful, because I bring a smile on God’s face.
 



We are given so many opportunities everyday, we fail to see. We find it so difficult to implement change. But we are fast to see when someone misses the queue? Why is that?
We want the world to be perfect, but will do nothing by ourselves to make the change happen?
 
On a Saturday, I was waiting for my bus and it was late by a good 20 minutes or so. Anyway, when the bus did come, I just uttered, “this late”. The bus driver looked at me with his 100 watt smile and oh boy, that did it. I thought okay, you are happy then I’m happy too. And when getting off the bus, as usual I thanked him and I saw him surprised. He surprised me with his smile and I surprised him with a thank you…
 
I hear people nag the whole day through. I watch them get so excited when they have to tell someone else’s tale first? I don’t think they ever know how painful it is to the person who gets to hear how they are being talked about?

I don’t ever encourage back talk (talking about a person in their absence) but it happens. And its disturbing to watch people enjoy such things, but they do.
 

I hear certain people can always be negative about any given situation. It’s like they never want to believe in anything good that can come. No matter how much you encourage them, they just want to live feeling sorry for themselves and bitter about everything.


 
 
Opinions they do matter. But they must be given in the right attitude. Sometimes we are too eager to give our opinions to others. We don’t even look back to see if our opinions, have kept them going or given them a scar that time may not heal?
 
Speak when you are spoken to and never out of turn. When you do it only shows good mannerisms.
Never be abusive and have a control on your temper. Being abusive does not help.

So what is it that needs to be broken in us? Things like rebellion, stubbornness, pride are a few areas of disobedience that can keep God’s anointing from working through us. And when we are led by our fleshly impulses, we are not being led by the Holy Spirit. It’s so important for us to grow up and mature in Christ so we can be what God wants us to be.


 

God does what He does, is who He is, and gives all things to the whole of all He made.
Thus He leads by Example to that which He asks us to be. Hence we can follow a God who knows where and how to get where we must go.
He speaks truth first. If we know a truth, it is because He has made it known – revealed it, opened our ears or eyes or minds to see it. If we do not, it is because He has not yet deemed it time for us to know.

 
Have you watched ‘Bruce Almighty’? If you have, there is this actor Morgan Freeman who plays the character of God. I love the way he utters the words “Its Gooooood”. I love that. Life is good, when you believe in a God who is good all the time.

 
With all my Love,
For Love Prevails!
AnitA.






As people we may be shy, fearful of being hurt or even in need of encouragement to reflect greater boldness.
Paul in 2Timothy 1:7 reminded Timothy of this, saying: “God gave us not a spirit of cowar...but that of power and of love and of soundness of mind.”
Paul had been given power to encounter foes and dangers of all kinds so that he did not shrink back in fear. He was given power to endure severe trials and persecutions. Rather than looking to his possessions, Paul looked to God to satisfy his needs. The result was contentment.

“Don’t do anything from selfish ambition or from a cheap desire to boast, but be humble toward one another, always considering others better than yourselves. And look out for one another’s interests, not just for your own.” -Philippians 2:3-4
As King of God's heavenly regime, Jesus "will rescue the poor who cry for help, Also the lowly one and whoever has no helper. He will have pity on the lowly and the poor, And the lives of the poor he will save. From oppression and from violence he will rescue them, And their blood will be precious in his eyes.” Psalm 72:12-14

 

 
 

“Learn from me, for I am meek and humble of heart.” Matthew 11:29

This is the great Revelation of the Heart of Jesus: "I am meek and humble of heart."
Jesus Christ is the Word of His Father who reveals Him. His teaching is all about the knowledge of the Father and He teaches us the way we must go in order to get to the Father.
Jesus is the Son of God, true God and true Man. He came into the world to redeem it. The Incarnation is for the Redemption of souls. By His sufferings, He has reconciled us with God the Father.
 
Sometimes, in our zeal to reform other people’s lives, we use criticism and condemnation. We become harsh, self-righteous and this does not help. In this passage, we are reminded to minister to one another, in gentleness, as Jesus did.
 
Jesus never hurt anyone, never treated anyone bad. He is always understanding; He gave hope to everyone.
As Christians, we should not be looking down at or judging anyone as what we think them to be the wayward.
 
Our role as Christians is essentially to lead others to God, and the best and most effective way to this is by imitating Jesus who was meek and humble of heart.

Let this be our prayer today: “Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto thine.”

 


This is the model of humility Christ gave us:
Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied himself, by taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.  Philippians 2:5-8

When the world just comes round you, when you want to be a people pleaser, when you want to be a part of the crowd , start with this line:

“Jesus, grant me the grace to desire it.”

There are two ways that we focus on growing closer to God during the Lenten season: abstinence and fasting.
Abstinence is the act of “doing without” or avoiding something.
Fasting is the act of doing with less. Fasting and abstaining, through the lent season is an important reminder of what it means to suffer and through this suffering we understand the incredible sacrifice that Jesus Christ made for us.

 


PRAYER:
Abba, Father, keep me obedient and always faithful. Remember, this your servant.
Mama Mary keep me humble, I pray. Amen.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment