Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Merry Christmas!


 
My People,

Good Morning! And yes it is a wonderful life. We are just a day away from Christmas and what a Season of Hope it is. In this season we are reminded of a promise that God made. And God honoured His promise. May the Peace that is Jesus - fill your heart with a knowing and understanding that nothing in life is ever in vain?  May the gentleness and the humility of Mama Mary teach us to always come to her – ever knowing that she will never ever let us down.

We receive graces from God Almighty and God is a generous giver.  I believe that Abba Father takes care of everything. My faith should be such that it knows and with a sense of pride says my Fathers the greatest. 

Growing up we always had a tradition in our home when it came to Christmas. The season would always begin with listening to ‘Nat King Cole’.
I love togetherness. I remember when we were kids we had gone to Mangalore for Christmas. I remember my aunts would keep awake two days before Christmas to prepare sweets. Going back to those memories, is something I look forward to.
There was this one Christmas in particular, my mom told us that when we wake up on Christmas morning, there would be a surprise awaiting us. So the next morning, both me and my brother, jumped off our beds went into the living room, there was nothing then we went to the other rooms, nothing there either. Finally after looking in the garden we were disappointed. My mom, told us she was sorry, she was not feeling that good. See, I’m not complaining. Every little experience counts.
Years later, when we were painting our home for Christmas, the Christmas tree had not yet come up. My brothers were small and a lot worried I guess. They came and asked me ‘If there would be Christmas this year?’ Normally our tree would always be up by the 2nd week of December. I felt and I understood their worries, their concerns. I had a very bad cold. The next day they had a Christmas party in school. I wanted them to enjoy their party, so I got myself a big hot cup of ginger tea and somehow managed to put up the Christmas tree in the morning by 4:00. Thank God, for all our experiences.

I love Christmas carols and I love singing it out loud. And I have fun singing it. Mary’s Boy Child and Christmas in Kilarney are my favourite Christmas carols. Whenever I would play ‘The drummer boy’ my brother would ask me to play it again and play it a little bit loud. Now whenever I play the carols this is what I do.  



Traditions are a good thing. They keep people in a family connected. Every family has their own ways to approach an event or an occasion in life. Every body has their own point of view.


When we celebrate Christmas, we celebrate the birth of Jesus. Christmas, then is really a matter of the heart. To the heart a message is given.
The heart knows, Love.
The heart calls for Love.

 

 
Our hearts long to be hidden in someone who will love and protect and cherish us immensely for who we are.
Dying to the world and its ways – We are dead in itself; yet in Christ hidden and buried we become alive and fruitful! We are safe and our hearts are finally at peace.
We must be prepared to realize that we will not “fit in” by the world’s standards. For a hidden heart in Christ results in a life that is lived differently than those who are in the world. We shouldn’t act, dress, talk, or behave like the world, because we don’t seek the things the world seeks. We seek – Jesus and the virtues He bestows.
And what blessings this hidden life brings! We have Christ and His Word to comfort and encourage, us to go on and live for Him; conforming to His image and persevering in our sufferings.
Our hearts seek Jesus. For the woman whose heart is truly hidden in Christ is favoured to receive a man seeking after God’s heart in all his ways – including finding her. May your heart stay hidden in Jesus.
 
 
 
Through the day, I have heard people complain and back talk their friends. Do you know how it feels like to be the whole day surrounded with people who complain, who see nothing good in others. Who no matter how much you try to make sense to them, choose to do the wrong with words and deeds. They call themselves friends, but they are friends to no one. They are carried away by their own whims and fancies. It tears me to pieces to watch them I die a little every day.
The 14th June 2013, 7:30 p.m. mass, I am listening to Fr. Alvaro read the Gospel from the Chapter of Matthew 11:2-11.
These are the thoughts that passed my head. When two people are in love they have a question in their hearts? Is he/she the one, a question indeed marking a new phase of life?
What do you do when you don’t know what to do?
I kind of had a reflection of what it must have been for John the Baptist. He lived his whole life waiting for Jesus. And here was a question filled with Hope?
Matthew 11:2-3 states: Now when John heard in prison about the deeds of the Christ, he sent word by his disciples and said to him, "Are you he who is to come, or shall we look for another?"
And I thought, you can wait your whole life, for the one you love. Supposing, you have waited an entire life time and you kind of begin to wander, just how is it that I will know this person? How will I recognize?
Matthew 11:2-5 states: And Jesus answered them, "Go and tell John what you hear and see: the blind receive their sight and the lame walk, lepers are cleansed and the deaf hear, and the dead are raised up, and the poor have good news preached to them.
If I have to feel the love in my heart-for someone I have never met, then obviously it has to be Gods grace.
If I have to go with what God has made me feel, then surely I must believe.
When I say I believe then I need to have patience to wait.
And did you know the most beautiful thing about waiting is, God moves the whole Universe for you?  
FAITH AND PATIENCE GO HAND IN HAND. 
Jesus spoke of signs that are accompanied, signs to tell us we are on the right track. Signs that say ‘HOLD ON!’

 

21st December, 2013 at the 7:30 p.m. mass. Fr. Ashlyn spoke on Trust in relationships with reference to the Gospel of Matthew 1:18-24.
Trust was a major issue in my life. I have been hurt and broken so many times that the capacity to trust was completely shattered. I have no feelings of resentment or I don’t hold any bitterness. Why should I? Every experience has made me come closer to God. God is good.
When Fr. Ashlyn spoke, for the first time in my life, I felt free, I felt completely free. Later, when I made my confession, I felt I could fly to the highest level and maybe I did.



 
These were numbers that I would often see, and I understood them to be messages from God-my signs. These are now, some of my favourite verses from the Bible. I hope for this walk with you.
I thought that it was enough that I listen to the Gospel in the Church. I was of the thought that I’ve heard that before.
One fine day it all began with the number 1111. The number would be everywhere I go.  I started looking out, trying to find out what it meant. I got to the Book of Hebrews, and here it is that I found. I think I must have read it over and over.
I never wanted to get married, thought I never would get to see the thirty toes and fingers grow. If I have you confused, that means my three younger brothers – Panda, Grizzly and Polar. These are the names my brothers gave themselves when they were kids.

Hebrews 11:11- By faith he received power of procreation, even though he was too old—and Sarah herself was barren—because he considered him faithful who had promised.
This is what made me read the Bible, ever since that day, I am everything ‘the word of God’ (The Bible) says I am.

I believe In God forever. I say this, I am nothing on my own. About 10 years back, that’s when I began my walk with Abba Father, that’s when I found my whole world.
Hebrews 11:1 states-Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.
I have seen this number so many times now that there should be another explanation to this, of which I am sure. But until then these 3 lines will be in this colour.  
Faith is such a simple aspect of life. Think about it, now you go and ask your sweetheart, what do you want – and most probably she would reply with a pair of gold or diamond earrings, or a finger ring etc. Maybe being a guy, you would want to own a bike or a car.
But God, He does not ask for big things. So what is it that He asks? Why is it that He asks?
He asks for us to have faith. To go to God, you have to believe He exists. And when you do go to Him, you have to know that He will give your hearts desire. He will withhold nothing that is good from you. God is faithful to His promise.
This is one of the numbers that follow me everywhere. Need I say anything, the words Jesus speaks here is plain and simple. If you still do not understand how it is to believe, then just think about Jesus, and all that He did from the moment of His birth into this world and the moment He breathed His last. He believed in His Father and He believed that He would rise from the dead. The words sum it all.
Mark 11:22-states-And Jesus answered them, "Have faith in God.”

 
Ah my favourite, my sweet Jesus, my Hero! Always humble, always bold, always truthful.
Every thing done for the glory of God-Supreme love.
Philippians 4:13 states-I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
The Eucharist (the Body of Christ) gives us the strength, in our daily struggles. The very presence of Jesus, in me strengthens me. The thought should be-I can take on the world.

This is one of the most recurring numbers. I see it everyday, and a number of times in a day. It took me a lot of time to figure it out. God always has a way of making you see, when He has a message. The number is 444. It refers to the book of TOBIT in my BIBLE.

This is my favourite scripture verse, the one I hold closest to my heart. It is God’s promise to me as all the others above. But this one is a promise in a promise. Praise God!
Corinthians 13:13 states-And now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; and the greatest of these is love.
 
The above scripture verse is a promise, then this is what God says,
Isaiah 55:11 states-so is my word that goes out from my mouth:
It will not return to me empty,
but will accomplish what I desire
and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.
The almighty God has no equal. His plans never fail. His purposes always find fruition. He never is forced to resort to a “Plan B.”
First, it is God’s purpose that will not return empty, not ours. For this reason, we must learn to pray as Jesus prayed in the Garden of Gethsemane the night before His crucifixion: yet not as I will, but as You will (Matthew. 26:39). We will find that when our will aligns with His will instead of our own yearnings that God will give us the desires of our heart (Psalm. 37:4).
Second, God is all-powerful and unconquerable. It is easy for us to despair when we see that many nations and people are hostile toward Christ and His gospel. We must remember, though, that nothing happens in the universe without God’s permission, and He is triumphant over Satan, sin, and death.
God the Father purposed to send His Son to pay the price for sin, and this sacrifice makes salvation possible for all who call on Him (Romans 10:12).


 
 
Matthew 1:23 states: "Behold, a virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and his name shall be called Emmanuel" (which means, God with us).”
I never understood this number until I read it as Matthew 1:23 – When I realized what it was I asked God – If I can call my son as, Emmanuel?

Luke 1:37 - For with God nothing will be impossible."
Mark 9:23 - And Jesus said to him, "If you can! All things are possible to him who believes."
Everytime that I hear the words, all things are possible with God or nothing is impossible with God, I know it to be true.
I have named this part of the blog as godofimpossibles.



 
A miracle cannot be one, if the condition for its fulfilment does not cry out impossible in humanistic terms.

Christmas is a celebration of the birth of Jesus. But you know what it looks like-it looks like a show is on. Every body is on a shopping spree. Wants they never get satisfied, do they?
I always admire a family’s capacity to love one another. I admire people wearing their wedding rings. It’s nice to be committed. How blessed are you to have each other-and how blessed it is to have children? And what a blessing it is to have a chance to emulate our own Blessed Family (Jesus, Mary and Joseph.)

I love SantaClaus, Reindeers  and everything that is related to Christmas. Christmas is my favourite time of the year.  I have Christmas going on in my heart everyday of the year.



But Christmas, is not just that.
It is the journey of the Blessed Holy Family.
It is the journey of trials and tribulations.
It is the journey of faith, hope and love.
It is the journey of surrender to Gods will.
It is the journey from the heart of the family to the heart of God.

Heart calls to Heart.
Love calls to Love.
Merry Christmas!


With all my Love,
For Love Prevails!
AnitA.

 


 
God has bought us together,
We can build this world of love to last forever.
Being here beside you,
Theres so much that I have to say to you.

A love that is so pure,
A love that will forever endure,
A love that will always be.

I will love you forever,
Forever and ever. Amen.
I will be faithful forever,
Forever and ever. Amen.
We always will have each other,
Forever and ever. Amen.

 

 

PRAYER: Abba, Father, keep me obedient and always faithful. Remember, this your servant.
Mama Mary keep me humble, I pray. Amen.
Promise Date:
21st December, 2013. 7:30 pm  Fr. Ashlyn.   Topic-Trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment