Sunday, April 22, 2012

The CROSS of Christ


Holy, Holy, Holy! Lord God Almighty! – I Praise You, my ever-loving God!

As a nine year old, I remember, clearly the thunderous voice of God the Father, calling for my name. I was alone. Never knew, it was God. So the first thing I did was run.

Then eight years back, I felt the call of God and I answered ‘Yes’. My heart was set to join the order of the Carmelites. But then, God told me that it was just a test. ‘The thoughts of the lord are not our thoughts; His ways are not our ways.’ What I was told to do instead, was to love everyone with all of my heart.

At fourteen, that was the last I saw Jesus, in my dreams, I think.  This is what Jesus said to me ‘I forgive you’, I looked at Jesus, and asked Jesus, what about tomorrow, and Jesus smiled and said ‘for all’. Do you know how comforting those words were?

There was this one instance, I felt like praying for a soul. So I got up and lighted the candle and recited the mercy prayer on my rosary. At the end of the prayer, the candle lit off. I felt the Heavenly peace, I can never be able to describe. It’s a completely heavenly feeling. I felt like I had died and gone to Heaven. The feeling continued till I fell asleep. Every time, I call to remembrance, my heart skips a beat.

The other instance I clearly remember is when I was in school, I was just going to my seat, and there on the ground, I found a picture of Padre Pio. That was my introduction to Padre Pio and what can I say I feel like I know him for ages. You know I love you, Padre Pio.

Do you wonder, as to why I am recalling all of Gods goodness? Why I am bringing everything to memory. I’ve had a hard month-It’s been nothing short of hells fury. Do you know that the devil throws everything at you? Do you know why he does that? Do you know that he wants you to be abusive? He wants you to think and question God? The devils only mission is to make you feel miserable, lonely and that God doesn’t care. Do you know that the devil fears love? Do you know why?

My answers are, I know when he throws everything at me, I must be doing something right. I will continue to speak about God, in every way I can. I will Glorify God always. From the breath I take to every heart beat, my God I love you and praise you. To you ‘My Holy Mighty God’, all praise and Glory for evermore.
Remember, the devil is known to be the father of all lies and deception. He is all hate. The Cross is what he fears the most, because it is and will always be the greatest sign of love. A love from God the Father to sacrifice His only Son, and Jesus to lay down His life for us-to save us from eternal damnation. Only love-Jesus saved us on a Good-Friday and came back on a Sunday, thus defeating death and promising eternal life to the one who believes. BELIEVE in love-Believe in the POWER OF THE CROSS. The CROSS is your only saving grace.
Padre Pio, please in this hour of mine be with me and watch over me, I pray.



“…if God is for us, who can be against us?” Romans 8:31

…and that’s a GREAT question to ask in the midst of pain and confusion.

After attending Sunday school, when we were kids; Fr. Joe would administer the blessed-sacrament. Fr. Joe would make us all sing out our loudest-best. I still recall the way the church would echo with all the voices together, especially when we sang this hymn (it was all hearts singing a song of praise, it was simply wonderful, sadly that is something we don’t hear much these days). If God is for us, who can be against? For the Spirit of God has set us free. I know that nothing in this world, will ever keep us from His love.

At the end of the day as long as you know, that God, your Father and creator… is FOR YOU and ON YOUR SIDE… then you come to the realization that NO ONE can stand against you!
If God be for you… people may come against you, but you will have the strength to overcome them!
Paul wrote to the Christians being persecuted: "… we are being put to death all day long; we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered. But in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us." Realize that God says: “In ALL these things, we overwhelmingly conquer!” We overwhelmingly conquer, through the power of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. And it is this amazing power – the power of the Creator of the universe – that will help you pick yourself up, brush yourself off, and turn your setback into an overwhelming victory. May that victory be triumphed for the glory of God!



God said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 2 Cor 12.9-10

I have learned to believe that everything happens for a reason and if all that I have gone through is what lead me to this place ... then it was all worth it.
When I’m weak then I’m strong. Paul knew that even in his weakest moments when he felt like losing his mind… that the Holy Spirit would come and lead him… and guide him through all things… and make a way out of no way for him!
So today, if you are feeling like everyone and everything is coming against you my friend… hold your head up high and stand tall and make this declaration: “If God is for ME… who in the world can be against ME?”
…and the answer to that question is “Nobody and no-one can be against you… because God is for you!”



CONCLUSION: Know that God loves you, He is on your side, God desires to bless and prosper you, know that He offers the hope of eternal life this is what makes life abundant. This is the victory in God and we experience this victory as we believe in Him and give thanks to Him for all He provides us. It is what changes your spirit in a moment from one of failure to one of success, from one of disappointment to one of rejoicing. It is the quiet assurance, the faith, the confidence that you see in every great man or woman. When we truly know the love of God, we become more than conquerors no matter what difficulty we face.


REMEMBER: “The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?” Jude 1:24-25-“Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and for ever. Amen”. God's got us; God is for us. In Christ we are forgiven, accepted, kept, and sealed until we are one day glorified. By the death and resurrection of Christ we know and understand that God is for us.

There are many accusers of the faith. Our greatest accuser is Satan. If we are Christ's then every sin past, present, and future are forgiven and covered by the blood of Christ. Our salvation is not determined on our ability or us trying to be perfect but it is based upon our God who has justified us through Jesus Christ (His suffering, death, & resurrection). Because Christ provided for our salvation and when He finished that work the Bible says the He “sat down at the right hand of God – Heb. 10:12”.

St. Paul faced persecution and eventually martyrdom. Paul states the truth that we are “more than conquerors” in Christ in spite of any attempt that this world or Satan tries to throw at us. Let me finish with this verse of this passage: “For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord”. There is nothing in heaven nor earth, no angel nor demon, no king nor president, no high mountain range nor ocean depths, and no human nor beast that can ever steal my salvation or destroy the love that Christ has for me.





PRAYER: Father, look upon your servant’s misery and remember me. Remember your word to your servant, for you have given me hope. This i ask in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment