Tuesday, April 17, 2012

You are my Strength!




I called my friend, who had taken the 16:15 hrs. transport and apologized for not making it. I told her I was on my way to Goregaon station. She said she would meet me there. On reaching I gave her a call, and was informed she had not reached Malad station. On Gods guidance, I took to the other platform and moved forward as guided. The 16:25 train was a Churchgate-fast and I knew I had to let it go as I had given a word that I would meet her. Then there was the 16:33 Fast-and no call from her so I thought-I would miss this too. Just then, I saw her standing at the entrance of the train. I called her name-and she got down from the train. Of-course, we did climb the train together.
So this is what I’m trying to say, I must have missed the bus and the connecting train (that’s what I thought), but God had something different on mind. God-lead me the other way and I still got to that train, way before time.
I was praying for something. And I know that I have God’s 'go -ahead' on it, I have God’s Word. But there were certain factors that seemed to worry me. What God, did was put me in the situation only to realize my folly. See what I was doing, I was trying to understand how God would do God’s job. For a moment, I was trying too hard to see something from my point of view. And God is all understanding. God put me in a situation where I would understand. 
Moral of the story: God makes things happen, no matter which route you take. So never worry, trust in Him and let God lead you to victory.
I would say this, remember God’s goodness. Remember, God will always make a way even especially if you see none. Remember God is God!



Then the LORD said: ‘I am making a covenant with you. Before all your people I will do wonders never before done in any nation in all-the world. The people you live among will see how awesome is the work that I, the LORD, will do for you’. Exodus 34:10

A covenant is God's solemn promise that He will give the covenant people certain benefits if they will keep the covenant. Keeping the covenant means obeying the terms of the covenant. So a covenant involves three things:
  • Promises-which God will perform if the people keep the covenant.
  • Commandments-or terms-which the people must keep in order to receive the promises.
  • Warnings-of what will happen if the covenant is broken.

God's-part of this covenant-what He would do for the Israelites:
    1. Joshua was the leader of God’s people the Israelites. God had promised Joshua victory.  The Bible, states the sun stood still at the command of Joshua. Joshua-was just a warrior but he dared to believe and asked for the sun to be still-and so it was for a whole day. AND
    2. The Walls of Jericho, that came down at the shout of praise-now all this was done-as per what the Lord had commanded Joshua and his people. AND
    3. Crossing-the river Jordan which the Lord-God had caused to dry up like God had done to the Red-sea when God had parted it for His people to cross over. etc.
Marvels indeed, such as have not been done in all the earth. The Israelites were the terror of their enemies; It is a terrible thing that I will do, says the Lord. God, as King of nations, plucks up some, to plant others, as it pleases Him.

Think about that for a moment and let it take root in your spirit. God is saying, “I’m going to do something awesome in your life.” The key found in the next verse; states, “Obey what I have commanded.” God’s ready to do His part, and we have to do ours. When we do things God’s way, we get God’s results. He promises to do what has never been done before!


Do not throw away your confidence, which has a great reward.  Hebrews 10:35
 
I believe that one of the greatest temptations that we have is the temptation to lose our hope and our confidence that God is actually leading us.

Nehemiah's enemies wanted to make him afraid so that he would lose his confidence. Nehemiah had the discernment to realize what was going on, and prayed to God. He determined to stay the course, and complete that task that God called him to do. We must continually fuel our faith with the promises of God.

Why is it that the enemy is bent upon trying to rob us of our confidence? Because our confidence has great reward! Through faith (another word for confidence) we have been justified. Through faith, we accomplish the goals that God lays out for us. The rewards are too great to lose!

All things come to us through faith-Confidence(that we have in God), boldness(that we can walk up to His throne), and assurance(that everything will be according to God's will-not a minute later-than God's intended time). Trust in God-be assured of His love for you. Faith has great rewards; peace of mind, freedom from anxiousness, love and acceptance for others. For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.

Sometimes we pray and believe for something that seems to be taking ages to be answered. Often, people give up when they are close to achieving their dreams. Don’t let that be you! Be encouraged today; your answer is closer than you think! If it seems like things are getting more difficult, that means you are closer to your victory. Remember, we serve a faithful God, and He’s working behind the scenes on your behalf. Don’t cast away your confidence today because your reward is coming. While you are waiting, keep an attitude of faith and expectancy(the feeling-I know, that I know, that I know.... Don't you quit believing! Don't you give up on His promises. Stay in faith!

Friends, do not throw away your confidence today. Trust God. Keep your eye on the reward.


Those who know your name will trust in you, for you, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you.  Psalm 9:10

God is my refuge. In Him alone, I trust. Remember, to rest on God’s unchangeable promise. And remember darkness may endure for the night but joy cometh in the morning.

His power-is sufficient to sustain us.
His wisdom-will guide us.
His grace-will teach us to triumph in our endless salvation.
God is always faithful. Our God is a powerful, wise and there is none like Him.

The seeking soul is precious in the Lord's sight. The seeking soul is sure to obtain His blessing.
The grace to seek—He gives;
The blessing sought—He has provided and promised;
The sense of need—He imparts;
The feeling that urges them to go to His throne—He produces.

A seeking soul was never forsaken of God. Such a circumstance never occurred in all of time. He has tried them, and tried them very severely—but He never forsook one of them.
He may try them . . .
by delays, as He did Abraham;
by the oppression of men, as He did the Israelites in Egypt; 
by a fiery furnace, as He did the three Jews in Babylon; but forsake them — He never will, He never can.

He tried Joseph, and tried him long, but even in prison it is said, "The Lord was with Joseph." "The word of the Lord tried him," but at length, "Then Pharaoh sent for him and set him free. Joseph was put in charge of all the king’s household; he became ruler over all the king’s possessions."

He tried Daniel, and tried him very sorely, so that his enemies appeared to prevail against him; a cruel sentence was passed upon him, and that sentence was executed — but we read, "When Daniel was lifted from the lion's den, no wound was found on him, because he had trusted in his God." There never was such a thing as a forsaken saint; or, which is the same thing, the Lord never did forsake those who seek him.

Everyone that finds the Lord — proves Him to be faithful. 
His word is true.
His grace is infinite.
His mercy is everlasting.
His truth endures forever.
He is a refuge to all those who trust in Him.


Anytime something good happens, give God the glory. If you do this, I believe that you’re going to come into more of God's goodness; that His blessings are going to chase you down. God is going to turn negative situations around. Get ready! You’re on your way to fulfill your God-given destiny because God never forsakes those who seek after Him!


CONCLUSION: When you’re enthusiastic, it simply means you are full of God. Wake up with an excitement. Know that God is for you. And when God is for you, no-one can be against. Keep smiling, love with all your heart. Walk with a spring in your step. And do not be afraid of anyone-because God is the most powerful force in the world. Fear only the lord-your God and Him only shall you serve. Remember, God breathes in your direction. When you’re full of passion, you have the favor of God.

REMEMBER:  God created us in His image, crowned us with His favor, and equipped us with His power. God made you to be victorious. Always remember that. You may have had some setbacks, but this is a new day! You need to get your fire back. When you’re in agreement with God, He can cause the winds of favor to shift in your direction!

PRAYER: Keep me always obedient and faithful to you, I pray. Amen.
Thank You, Abba Father. (26.05.2013 updated)

No comments:

Post a Comment