Tuesday, November 12, 2013

PRAY!


My People,

The Love of Jesus ever fill your heart, with Peace He only can impart. I pray for Mama Mary to be with you and blessings to follow you all your life through.

Happiness is what we all seek, isn’t it? But not everybody quiet understands what it means. It is not something that is momentary. It’s not dependent on circumstances. Maybe you just had a bad day or just got stuck in a bad situation. No matter where you are or what you do, you seem to be unhappy. Happiness is not a choice but something that comes from within.

What we all need is love. Love is the only language the Heart understands. So often in life, people are left to stand all by themselves. I know and understand I myself have been there.

  
In my everyday, walk of life, I come across people who are so hurt, that it never occurs to them that they give themselves off with the way they talk. I listen when people talk, there is so much harshness-they don’t even realize that time and circumstances have made them hard hearted. There is so much hurt, so much hatred....


The 10th of November, 2013, Sunday, before the 6.00 p.m. mass could begin, the organ player was playing to the sound of ‘Lord I lift Your name on High.’ It reminded me of instrumental music that I would love to listen to. Maybe he was just keying in, but I believe that music soothes the soul, and it is the language of love, that can at times calm the aching heart.
The morning, 10:15 mass was celebrated by Fr. Lenny. His homily was his BOLDEST best. 
Homilies for the day stated:

  1. That most often sons are pampered by their mothers, rather than being taught the right behaviours.
  2. In a marriage, when women are high income earners they tend to be dominating, which should not be the case.
  3. In a marriage, both the husband and wife should love each other.


 


Most people believe that Peace means the absence of trouble. You may be in the midst of great trials and still have peace. Paul said he could be content in any circumstance; and he demonstrated that he had peace even in the jail, where he sang and remained confident that God was being gracious to him. Likewise, in James 1:2 we read "Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials."
 
Jesus knew that He was facing death on a Cross, yet He took time to comfort His disciples with the message of peace: In John 14:27 Jesus says,Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.
The peace that Jesus gives is totally different from what the world gives. It’s a peace that surpasses all understanding; it makes us peaceful when all natural reasoning says we should be upset.

People often look for reasons to blame someone or something else for their problems – and make excuses for the way they are. But we can’t let the things from our past or present, become an excuse to stay there.
I have learned that I have to take responsibility for my actions. Living with frustration and worry did nobody any good.
God’s Peace Is for YOU! The promises of God are for us that are willing to do what we need to do to inherit the promises.
  


 


 
This is a short story, that Fr. Leslie gave on the 31st of May, 2013, in his homily - A mother’s sacrifice.
It goes with the commandment - Honour your father and mother. #
My mom had only one eye. I hated her......She was such an embarrassment. She cooked for students and teachers to support the family.
There was one time during my primary school when my mom came to say hello to me. I was so embarrassed. How could she do this to me? I ignored her, threw her a hateful look and ran out. The next day at school, one of my schoolmates said "'EEEE, you're mom has only one eye!"

I wanted to bury myself. I also wanted my mom to just disappear. I confronted her that day and said " If you will only make me a laughing stock, why don't you just die? My mom did not respond......I didn't even stop to think about the words I hurled at her because I was full of anger. I was oblivious to her feelings.

I wanted to be out of that house and have nothing to do with her. So I studied real hard, got a chance to go abroad to study. Then I got married. I bought a house of my own. I had kids. I was happy with my life and the comforts. Then one day, my mother came to visit me. She hadn't seen me in years and hasn’t even meet her grandchildren.

When she stood by the door, my children laughed at her and I yelled at her for coming over to the house uninvited. I screamed at her, "How dare you come to my house and scare my children!" GET OUT OF HERE NOW!!!" And to this, my mother answered calmly "Oh, I'm so sorry. I may have gotten the wrong address". And she disappeared out of sight.

One day, a letter regarding a school reunion came to my house. So I lied to my wife that I was going on a business trip. After the reunion, I went to the old shack just out of curiosity. My neighbours said that she died. I did not shed a single tear. They handed me a letter that she had wanted me to have.


My Dearest son,

I think of you all the time. I'm sorry that I came to your house and scared your children. I was so glad when I heard that you're coming for the reunion. But I may not be able to even get out of bed to see you. I'm sorry that I was a constant embarrassment to you when you were growing up.

You see, when you were very little, you got an accident, and lost one eye. As a mother, I couldnt stand watching you having to grow with one eye. So I gave you mine. I was so proud of my son who was seeing a whole new world for me with that one eye. I wanted you to be successful in life. Till then..I love you my son.

With all my love to you,
Your mother
Author Unknown


 
 
Many times, people feel distant from God but can’t explain why.
Mark 11:25 states: “And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him, that your Father in heaven may also forgive you your trespasses.”
Scripture tells us there are many things that can hinder our prayers. One of them is unforgiveness. When we choose to forgive, the wall comes down. When you go before God in prayer, ask Him to search your heart and mind. See if there is any unforgiveness that is blocking your prayers and affecting your relationship with Him. No matter how the other person may have hurt you, or however they may have treated you, nothing on this earth is worth losing your peace with the Almighty God.
Forgiveness means you are trusting God with it all. Choose forgiveness and don’t let anything stand in the way of God and you.
  
What does it mean to pray without ceasing? I believe all throug the day, under our breath, in our thoughts, we’re constantly thinking about God, thanking Him for His goodness, meditating on His promises, and asking for His help. Prayer should be automatic. Acknowledge God. That’s when God will fight your battles. Today, be determined to pray without ceasing and listen to the Holy Spirit’s prompting to pray. Know that God is with you and for you. Acknowledge Him in all your ways and He will direct your paths.
“Pray without ceasing.” 1 Thessalonians 5:17

 

The devil is persistent and will do whatever he can to keep us from God’s will. But we need to have the perseverance to never give up – by God’s grace.

Remember, the Spirit of the living God, makes us more than conquerors. Things are not going to go our way all the time, and when it doesn’t, we can be prepared to stay in peace in the midst of it all.

The peace Jesus gives - enables us to remain calm in the most fearful circumstances. It enables us to rejoice in pain and trial, and sing in the middle of suffering. The ability to remain calm in troubled times can be one of our greatest testimonies to a troubled world.

 




My Prayer. . . .

A special world for you and me
A special bond the world cannot see

Beneath the Shining stars and the radiant moon,
Love wraps us up in its cocoon.

The treasure of love,
I cherish within my soul,
how much I love you...
you'll never really know.
 


You bring a joy to my heart,
I've never felt before,
With each and every passing day,
I love you more and more.

So with these words,
I pray God to make it come true,
"Forever and Always, to eternity”
I will always Love You."



With all my Love,
For Love Prevails!
AnitA.


 

 
PRAYER: Abba, Father, keep me obedient and always faithful. Remember, this your servant.
Mama Mary keep me humble, I pray. Amen.
Daniel & Emmanuel - Abba Father, Yours and Yours alone.
Promise Date: 16th June, 2013. The promise of Lilies!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment