Tuesday, January 24, 2012

I AM who I say I am

 

Often, I hear people make negative comments. Things like, “I am stupid/a loser/dumb/not good looing/unlucky/getting old.” and “Nothing good ever happens to me.”

Scripture states that we are made in His likeness and image. When we make positive declarations, we are being God’s representatives on Earth.
God knows His identity and declares it. We must imitate God & declare goodness in our lives. Ultimately, it is what we say that collaborates with God's blessings for us. Words have power. Watch the words God uses 'I AM WHO I AM'. So If I speak 'I am blessed', I am speaking "God's favor".
To, my awesome and Almighty God, I am everything I am, because you loved me. Thank you, God!
 
God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.” And he said, “Say this to the people of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’” Exodus 3:14

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End. Revelation 22:13
 
“God is, a positive God” and there is nothing negative about Him.
In the Bible, God has many names that describe His character. God has names that describe Him and His relationship to His people. In the Old Testament, the Hebrew name for “God” was considered so holy that the people wouldn’t even say it. Moses asked God, “Who should I say sent me?” God replied by saying, “Moses, my name is I Am.” In other words, “I am anything and everything you need.”
Today, God is saying the same thing to us! The Great I Am, the Almighty God is ready to supply all your needs according to His riches in glory. Open your heart of faith to Him today and receive all the blessings He has in store for you!


The Seven ‘I am’ sayings of Jesus from the Gospel of John
Each ‘I am’ is a description Jesus gave of Himself and is recorded in John’s Gospel.

† Bread  
I am the bread of life; he who comes to Me shall not hunger.  John 6:35

† Light  
I am the light of the world; he who fallows Me shall not walk in the darkness, but shall have the light of life.  John 8:12

† Gate   
I am the gate; if anyone enters through Me, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.  John 10:9

† Good Shepherd   
I am the good shepherd; the good shepherd lays down His life for His sheep.  John 10:11

† Resurrection and Life     
I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me shall live even if he dies. John 11:25

† Way, Truth, Life
I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but through Me. John 14:6

† True vine
I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser.  John 15:1

  • The divinity of Jesus Christ is further illustrated in John 8:58. Jesus said, “Truly, Truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am”, which means that Jesus existed before His human life on earth.


Let the redeemed of the Lord say so, whom He has delivered from the hand of the adversary. Psalm 107:2
It’s important to think right and believe right, but something supernatural happens when we verbally declare. You can say, “I am blessed, I am fearfully and wonderfully made.  I am more than a conqueror through Him who loves me.” “I may have had some setbacks, but I know those setbacks are a setup for a comeback! The favor of God is turning things around.” You are speaking Gods favour. 



Biblical truths who God made you to be:
I am God’s workmanship, created in Christ unto good works. Ephesians 2:10
I am more than a conqueror through Him Who loves me. Romans 8:37
I am far from oppression, and fear does not come near me. Isaiah 54:14
I am born of God, and the evil one does not touch me. 1 John 5:18
I am an ambassador for Christ. 2 Corinthians 5:20
I am part of a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a purchased people.  1 Peter 2:9
I am called of God to be the voice of His praise. Psalm 66:8
I am the righteousness of God in Jesus Christ. 2 Corinthians 5:21
I am the head and not the tail; I am above only and not beneath. Deuteronomy 28:13
I am healed by the stripes of Jesus. Isaiah 53:5
I am greatly loved by God. Romans 1:7
For God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power, love, and a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7


CONCLUSION: When you call on God, remember to call in reverence and in love for the word that expresses the essence of God in His most intimate relationship with you is LOVE, for God is love. 1 John 4:16
We are waiting for Yahweh;
He is our help and our shield,
For in Him our heart rejoices,
In His holy name we trust.
Yahweh, let your faithful love rest on us.
As our hope has rested in you.
Psalms 33:20-22


REMEMBER: Friends, we need to get out of the defeated, negative mentality. Remember, when you say what the Lord has done for you, when you declare, you are opening the door for God to move on your behalf. When you speak His promises, He is faithful to fulfill them and lead you into victory all the days of your life!


PRAYER: Father in heaven, today I call on You — the Great I Am. Keep me close to your heart always. I surrender myself to You. I acknowledge You in everything I do.  I ask that You direct my steps.  I surrender every area of my life to You as I move forward in obedience to Your Word in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment