Tuesday, January 17, 2012

I Stand For GOD . . .


It saddens me a lot, when I look around me, and I see a lot of people who dwindle in their faith. As Christians our first of the ten, commandments, implies that ‘I am the Lord, your God, and there shall be no other Gods before me.' 
I see people placing their feet on both the boats. And I am talking about people who are born in the faith. My intention, would never be to hurt anyone. But being a Catholic, I have been brought up to believe that God is Sovereign. And my loyalties are with my God (The Father, His Holy Son 'Jesus' and the Holy Spirit). Triune Godhead, be adored! Amen. I stand for God.

Elijah took a mighty stand for God in the midst of the plague of unbelief that spread throughout the land of Israel.

Now Elijah the Tishbite, from Tishbe in Gilead, said to Ahab, “As the LORD, the God of Israel, lives, whom I serve, there will be neither dew nor rain in the next few years except at my word.”
Then the word of the LORD came to Elijah: “Leave here, turn eastward and hide in the Kerith Ravine, east of the Jordan. You will drink from the brook, and I have directed the ravens to supply you with food there.”
 So he did what the LORD had told him. He went to the Kerith Ravine, east of the Jordan, and stayed there. The ravens brought him bread and meat in the morning and bread and meat in the evening, and he drank from the brook.

Elijah had the utmost confidence in God’s eternal promises, then he claimed them in prayer, believing with all his heart!

Elijah appears from out of nowhere to announce to King Ahab that it will not rain in Israel until Elijah speaks the word. This he declares in the name of Yahweh, the God of Israel. God then instructs Elijah to hide himself by the brook Cherith, where he could drink from its waters and be fed bread and meat morning and evening by the ravens.

Before God can work THROUGH us, He must work in us.
God calls Elijah to a lonely place. God is preparing him for Mt. Carmel; before Elijah is ready for TRIUMPH ON Carmel, he must experience trials at Cherith.
If God is going to use us, we must obey His Word, right away. If Elijah was going to Know God’s plan, purpose, and provision, he had to go there. That is the place where God said, I will feed thee.
Without obedience, you will never, ever know His plan, purpose, and provision!
God has all sorts of resources that we have never considered. Would Elijah have thought of Ravens bringing him bread and meat twice per day? Not a chance! Our God is Sovereign over all, and He takes care of those who seek first His Kingdom.
Trust in the Lord with all thine heart? Prov. 3:5,6
Patiently Wait for Direction from God, v.7

In other words, things happened beyond Elijah’s control. As Elijah abides by the brook it dries up. He waits on God, for God had promised I will feed thee there. He patiently waits for direction from God.
Elijah could say, why are you allowing my brook to dry up? Do you know why God allows our brooks to dry up, so we will learn patience. Have you ever prayed, Lord help me to be like Jesus. God uses trials to teach us to be more like Jesus! Elijah, remained faithful to the one God he believed in.
We must be patient in the unfolding purpose of God for our life. Do not rush God. We are often in a great hurry! God never hurries, He knows the outcome. When we love, we trust and we trust we know that God will bring us to the finish with perfection.
Waiting is a trial, but remember that we grow through patience.
David said in Psalm 34:19, Many are the afflictions of the righteous but the Lord delivereth him out of them all.
James 1:3-4 Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.
James 5:11 Behold we count them happy which endure!
Has your brook dried up? Remember that God knows the best pathway for you. Surrender, yourself totally to Him. Pray over the Word of God. Claim His promises. Get to know the Lord Jesus Christ.

Elijah was convinced God’s Word was True: He got it from Scripture: from the Law of Moses: Deut.11:16-17 Take heed to yourselves, that your heart be not deceived, and ye turn aside and serve other gods and worship them; then the Lord’s wrath will be kindled against you, and He will shut up the heaven, that there be no rain, and that the land yield not her fruit; and lest ye perish quickly from off the good land which the Lord gives you.
Trust in the goodness of the Everlasting God!


CONCLUSION: IMPORTANT: 
Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one. Deuteronomy 6:4

YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND. Deuteronomy 6:5  The law of Christ has a similar statement. Luke 10:27.

You shall have no other gods before me.
You shall not make for yourself a graven image,
or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above,
or that is in the earth beneath,
or that is in the water under the earth;
you shall not bow down to them or serve them;
for I the LORD your God am a jealous God,
visiting the iniquity of the fathers
upon the children to the third and the fourth
generation of those who hate me,
but showing steadfast love to thousands of those
who love me and keep my commandments.
  Exodus 20 2-17


REMEMBER: God is simply too mighty in power. He exists beyond even time. He cannot be represented (Isaiah 40:21-26).

I understand how difficult, it must be to wait, especially when we want something so bad. But know this God, is a God of patience. He brings about everything in its right time. If you have potential, you know nothing of, then God, lets you go through those circumstances where you will notice something about you that you never knew. My point being, trust God completely. Because Without obedience, you will never ever get to know His plan, purpose, and provision! Always, remember, to be faithful to God. Love Him with all your heart. HE deserves all the love. You will never, ever find anyone who will love you the way He does. Get to know Him, and you will feel that rhythm in your heart always, and I mean always. Together (you and God)are unstoppable. Oh! If you only knew of His immense love, I promise you, you would be writing this article along with me. I love the following hymn and I wish I could hear us sing:

We stand for God and for His glory
The Lord Supreme and God of all.
Against his foes, we raise His standard,
Around His cross, we hear His call.
Strengthen our faith, Redeemer,
Guard us when danger is neigh
To Thee we pledge our lives and service,
Strong in a trust that ne'er shall die.
To Thee we pledge our lives and service
Strong in a trust that ne'er shall die.

No comments:

Post a Comment