Wednesday, January 11, 2012

God’s WILL . . .



This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us.  1 John 5:14

At the heart of every conversation with God is the opportunity to know His will.
And at the heart of God’s will is an infinite love for you, and a passionate, persistent, dedicated, and instense drive to bless you.

There is a day in a year, when you want to stop and think, what is it you really want? Today, I celebrate my  birthday. I’m thinking of all the times, when I tried really hard, to make things work right and would get sorely disappointed. I did not understand God’s ways. Yesterday on my way, home, me and my friend got to talking. She asked me of my plans for my birthday, and I simply stated that I had none. I believe when you make plans, you can end up getting disappointed, when the plans fail. But think of it this way, you surrender all of your thoughts to the Almighty, and He makes them come about In His time and In His way. When, I pray, I always ask for God’s Will. I want, what God wants for me. God will always provide the best and so I believe.

Scripture makes it abundantly clear that God first and foremost wants us to know Him, to have a relationship with Him, to bring glory to Him by the way we live our lives, by how we relate to Him and others. God is the Creator of all, and all of creation, including me and you, exists to bring Him glory.
When God’s will is accomplished, its results are amazing. His will has no limits and His vision sees every possibility.  Our willingness to believe and readiness to receive the blessings He provides for — can open the door to blessings, or can stand in the way of achieving success and fulfillment.

You can do every twisted thing you can think of and still God will be looking to accomplish His will for your life. God never gives up. His blessings will chase you down and overtake you when you aren’t expecting it.  He will surprise and delight you.  And once you open the door, even ever so slightly, God is going to start bringing everything He has and handing it over to you. The blessings may come faster than you notice them or more subtly than you can resist them at first.  But open your eyes and you will see that every time you look, every time you step out in faith and listen — God is right there ready to hand you the victory and fulfill the dreams of your heart that you never believed possible before.

God is not going to give up. He is going to take every opportunity to show you the value of His will, to demonstrate the quality of His blessings, and to send His gifts in such abundance that sooner or later you will take notice.  God’s will is perfect, and its perfect for you. Open yourself up to the fact that His will is worth pursuing not because its His, but because its the best possible outcome in every situation.  And then get ready to receive, because when you are in agreement with God, He will fill your life up to the fullest and overflowing with good things.  He will give you the desires of your heart, and bless you in ways that you haven’t even imagined.  God’s will, be done.


CONCLUSION: The truth is that we don’t need to know the details or even the reasons relating to God’s will for our life – we only need to know Him. He loves us so much and He enjoys His relationship with us; He enjoys leading us by His Spirit; let’s enjoy following His Spirit too.
Because those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God. For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by Him we cry, “Abba, Father.” Romans 8:13-15

REMEMBER: Christ taught us that knowing God's will and living in obedience to that will is the key to it all! Think about this, that Jesus, being the Son of God, did His Father's will. He came to this earth, lived a simple life and was brutally tortured and killed, so that we might live. Which person, knowing all this would choose to come to live this life? None of us. Only, my sweet Jesus. So much love, for us, for His Father. And from the Father-to us, so much more love. Do you think from a Father's point of view, it would be easy to let your only loving, most obedient child be crucified? I don't think so. So before, you think, that your will is important, kindly think of God. God's Will is important. God submitted to us out of love. Let us remember and do the same. We owe that to God. For, God is the potter; we are the clay. God keeps us spinning on His potter's wheel, shaping and reshaping us as He bathes our lives in tears to make us more Christ-like so He can use us for His will.

God is sovereign. 
He is MY loving FATHER!
He is our Healer!
He is our Provider!
God – my God – is a RIGHTEOUS God! 
A God of TRUTH and FAITHFULNESS to His WORD! 
His WORD is TRUTH!

PRAYER: Lord, I pray You would give me Your wisdom and understanding in all things. I know wisdom is better than gold and understanding better than silver-Proverbs 16:16, so make me rich in wisdom and in understanding. Give me discernment for each decision I must make. Thank You, Lord, that You will give me the counsel and instruction I need, even as I sleep. And lord, most of all teach me to surrender my will to yours with Love. Your will, my God be done. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment