Sunday, January 26, 2014

IF you just BELIEVE!


My people,

Good Morning! I wish for you a Philippians 4:7 that sates: “And the peace of God, which passes all understanding, will keep your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” May Mama Mary’s love overwhelm you to open your heart?
 
When I started with this topic, I knew the title should be,‘Just believe’ but when speaking with my sweetheart of a friend that she is, I realized we both had the same thoughts only she added the words ‘IF you just Believe!’ When you reach to the end of this topic you will see why?
 
I love songs and I love singing out loud. Maybe, it just makes me happy. This is the chorus from the song ‘Que Sera Sera’. Somewhere deep down in my heart I used to as a kid feel the sense of calmness come on me when ever I would hear this  song.  Come on now don’t just read, you can sing along . . .?
Que Sera, Sera,
Whatever will be, will be
The future's not ours, to see
Que Sera, Sera
What will be, will be.


I remember, Fr. Robin Selwyn S.J. we share the same month for birthdays. His being  the 15th of January. I used to love the way he would strum his guitar and sing. Of call the topics he could speak on, his mom would always be a part of his conversation. One of the many hymns that Fr. taught us during the children’s mass, at St. Francis of Assisi was – ‘Una paloma blanca’ meaning ‘A white dove’.
I can feel the morning sunlight
I can smell the new-born hay
I can hear God's voices calling
From my golden sky-light way

Una paloma blanca
I'm just a bird in the sky
Una paloma blanca
Over the mountain I fly
No one can take my freedom away.

 



The heart is the key to the Universe. Love unlocks ….  Whatever is in your heart?


I love the era gone by. Times are a changing and so are people. Change is a good thing. I will be the first to say yes we need to adapt.
But somewhere in my heart, I yearn for those days, where simplicity and love and good heartedness took preference more than anything else in the world. Would you agree? And if not, that’s okay too? See I think somewhere down the line, someone or a lot of people hurt you so bad, that you do not trust so easily and I understand that. I do. I am learning to trust. I gave my word to someone that I would try, and I am.
 
Have you watched movies from the 1940’s to the 1980’s? I think you may need to watch to know. And if you have, then you would understand that we need to be so gentle with one another.
If I have to ever hold a baby, this is what I do. If I am wearing a watch or anything that could hurt the baby’s skin, I keep it aside. The watch as an object can be at times sharp. Our words are still sharper and can break a person’s heart. But we continue to do so and bruise each other so long as our egos get satisfied.
I love going back to those movies where politeness was the theme of the day. The way they rendered their speech is something that we need to bring back.
 




The house-wife is the one who works the hardest. She wakes up early in the morning, caring for every person in the home. It’s not an easy job to do. It’s a thankless job as such. No compliments received or gratitude shown. Of-course this I know does not include all housewives.
Today’s woman works in an air-conditioned office with competitive salaries again this could differ. Between the two the house-wife’s role is the toughest. Her role is that of a person who constantly is on the giving end. She sacrifices thus letting others get ahead with their dreams. Having to work everyday I understand what it is, I so look up to the house-wife, she is not just an ordinary woman she is an extraordinary woman as such.


 
Here is a man of high status in society and a woman who is an outcast because of her physical condition.
Both Jairus and this woman are in the middle of a crisis. Jairus has a 12year old daughter who is near death. The woman has exhausted her resources and has been disappointed by every available means of help.
On the one hand we have a father who is hurting because he looks at the pain of the daughter he loves. On the other hand we see a woman who for 12 years has been suffering physically and enduring one disappointment after another.
What we need to remember is what simple faith can do.
Jesus says, “Who touched me?” “What strange words,” the disciples thought! Everyone was touching Jesus, as the crowds pressed against Him.
For she said, "If I touch even his garments, I shall be made well." And immediately the hemorrhage ceased; and she felt in her body that she was healed of her disease. Mark 5:28-30
The woman was healed because she touched Jesus believing that God would heal her if she could only but touch the one whom He had sent. This was the reason why God’s healing power had gone forth from Jesus just as soon as she touched Him.
Jesus asks, “Who touched me?” He calls her to confess Him before others.
Matthew 10:32-33 -  So every one who acknowledges me before men, I also will acknowledge before my Father who is in heaven; but whoever denies me before men, I also will deny before my Father who is in heaven..
In Mark 5:34  - And he said to her, "Daughter, your faith has made you well; go in peace, and be healed of your disease."
Jesus not only heals her, Jesus wants her restoration to be complete. What she needed was peace and wholeness in her soul. Her suffering included the emotional effects of all that has taken place over 12 years. Her faith had saved her from brokenness of body and brokenness of soul – Jesus says 'Go in peace!' God uses delays to test and encourage our faith.
 
 
Jairus came to Jesus with a request. He said, "My little daughter is at the point of death. Come and lay your hands on her, so that she may be made well, and live." Mark 5:23

While Jesus was on the way to the house of Jairus, some men came and said, “Your daughter is dead. Why bother the teacher any more?”
When news comes that the daughter has died during this time of delay, Jairus would naturally be shaken and would be inclined to think there’s nothing more to be done.
Overhearing and ignoring their message, Jesus said to Jairus, “Don’t be afraid; just believe.”
When Jesus arrived at the house, Jesus saw a commotion with mourners crying and wailing loudly. (Jesus said,) Mark 5:39 And when he had entered, he said to them, "Why do you make a tumult and weep? The child is not dead but sleeping." The mourners laughed at him. They laugh because they are not people of faith.
Jesus entered the child’s room, took her by the hand, and healed her.
Mark 5:41-
Taking her by the hand he said to her, "Tal'itha cu'mi"; which means, "Little girl, I say to you, arise.
“Sleep” is the biblical term that those who believe in resurrection use to describe death.
Jesus is victorious over the powers of darkness and death.
When you overhear negative talk, ignore the message. Don’t listen to people stuck in their disbelief. No matter what happens, don’t give in to fear. Jesus said that all things are possible to him who believes. All things are possible when you ignore fear’s limiting voice.
Matthew 17:20 states-He said to them, "Because of your little faith. For truly, I say to you, if you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you."
It’s never over until God says it’s over. Impossible is not a word in God’s vocabulary, and it shouldn’t be in yours.
Listen to God’s voice. God has a purpose and plan for your life that is better than anything you can imagine. Get in agreement with God and let Him work things out. Don’t be afraid; just believe.”
 





Life is full of surprises to the one who believes.
In this journey called life, we come along with meeting so many people that we learn a lot from our various interactions with them. Funny part is that no matter how much a person believes in God, when it comes to action - you seldom will see it. Somehow they will rely on another person and believe in what they have to say rather than believing in God.
People are more interested in parties, outing etc. All extra curricular activities take precedence over God.
If you can’t love God, you won’t love anyone else. If you say you love God, you will keep His commandments.
1. You will love the Lord your God with all your heart and all your soul. There will be no other God.
2. You will receive the Holy Eucharist (communion) every Sunday. No excuses.
3. You will love your neighbour as your self.
4. You will be faithful to your husband or wife. The day you are married, you remain married for the rest of your life.






We all know that pigs they roll in the muck. Matter of fact they love it. Sin is like the muck. Once you get used to living a sinful life, you don’t have to hold back on anything. You become like a pig. The muck won’t matter.

You don’t have to fit in to get with the crowd.
 
Love from your heart
Love with all your heart
Love with every heartbeat
Love like if you didn’t your heart would stop.


19th of January, 2014. I am in the Church I see the face of this saint through the whole mass. I don’t know what it means.
My first birthday, the walk on the table to the cake, I remember it like it was just yesterday. I have often wondered as to why I could remember this?
After mass, the 19th of January, 2014 – the Holy Spirit made me realize something that I still need to completely understand. But in obedience to the Spirit of God I write. All I know is that the number 1 is very important. 1 (implying first) and the day 11 (my birthday); so if I had to read it, it would be 1:11-In order of the events, the second that I was made to remember was when I was in the 3rd standard, that was the time I heard the word LOVE and it impacted my life completely. When I go back to that day, it felt like I heard the word for the very first time. But that would not be true. For the word to impact me I had to know the meaning and which I did.
The third, would be the one memory, I truly love-the walk with my family. Looking for the Moon, that somehow marks the moment.
The fourth would be when I heard You, Abba Father, calling me by my name out loud.
My response, ‘Here Am I’, I come to do Your will.
Thank You, Abba Father for being the sweetest and the greatest. 3rd July, 2014.
  

Love burns your heart – it is a constant fire all through the day.
Heart seeks the betterment of all.
 
  
20th of January, 2014-my brother’s birthday and I offer all the masses I have heard of the day, for his good health.
When attending mass in the evening, I asked my mom if she would come. We were there for Fr. Ashlyn’s mass at Mt. Carmel’s Church. My mom loved being a part of the mass celebrations and I loved that we got to hear the mass together.
This was one of the best days of my life. I am where I belong. Abba, Father, Here I am, I come to do Your Will.


I had completed my topic on the 24th itself. But I felt in myself the feeling to let it be.
In my work place, we are having an overnight trip for the coming weekend. And everybody wants the other in. I choose not to. The reason being, I would miss going to Church.
The worst is us Catholic people who don’t understand the importance of missing the “Holy Eucharist”.
It’s a Saturday morning, the 25thJanuary, 2014, around 6:05, I am in the bus and all my thoughts are on believing. It's easy for me to suggest that you believe. But belief, it must come from the heart.
When I say I love you, it must mean that I am completely committed to you. There is nothing that could stop me from being with you. If need be I would sacrifice myself for you. Love is simple with no complications attached. Love is giving of self for the betterment of the other. It’s a desire to follow you to the ends of the earth.
Around 6:15 in the morning and on my way to work the bus driver takes his eyes of the road. A broken down truck is on the middle of the highway and we were proceeding with a speed. It’s only me and the driver in the bus. We are seconds away from near collision and as I look I know it could be the end.   
Just 20 seconds before impact and the driver pulls off the bus to another direction. And we both walked into God’s zone because that was the smoothest turn I have ever watched. Humanly that is impossible to manoeuvre.
The more I think about it the more I know it’s a miracle!
I always thought that just before dying a person has a flashback. I had no thoughts at all. Initially I thought I froze. But later I realized that I was ready to go. Just for a split of a second I hoped for the driver to pull it of and in that split of a second he did.
IF you ask me what is a miracle? Then I would only say this, in that one specific moment (in a second) I hoped with every fibre in my being to be saved and (in that second) we were saved.
When I told my sweetest friend in the world (we work in the same place) what happened, what she told me took me by surprise. She is a non Catholic, but one of the sweetest person I know. She told me that God was with me and when I would visit church this evening, to remember that. These are her words, “You let go of everything to be with God, God did not want to let go of you”.






My Beloved!
 
You are the thought that I start with each morning,
You are the thought as I walk each day.
You are in all that I do,
And everything I say.

You are all I ever wanted,
You are all I ever need.
You are every dream I dreamed of,
You are everything to me.

I couldn’t live this life without you,
Never, ever, will I let you go,
My love for you I cannot hide.
I want you forever to be by my side.


And in my heart you’ll always be,
From now until forever,
For love for when it comes true,
My memories of love will be forever you.

With all my Love,
For Love Prevails!
AnitA.

  




PRAYER: Abba, Father, keep me obedient and always faithful. Remember, this your servant. Mama Mary keep me humble, I pray. Amen.
Promise Date: 15th January, 2014--Mark 9:23 - And Jesus said to him, "If you can! All things are possible to him who believes."
  

No comments:

Post a Comment