Tuesday, August 27, 2013

If EVER. . . .

 

My People,

Good Morning! May the Peace of Jesus be with you and may the love of Mama Mary fill your heart with love and Peace.

I love to laugh and I laugh a lot. And sometimes I laugh the loudest. I remember, there was one of our department bosses who came up to where I was sitting and asked me, were you the one who was laughing. I replied yes. He then told me that he could hear me laugh right to the other end of the floor. I immediately apologized. He said don’t and told me to continue laughing.
Laugh through the good and laugh through the bad. Laugh through it all.
“He who sits in the heavens laughs…” Psalm 2:4 -- God laughs!
I was 9 years old when we were moving out to our new home. My parents had left me in charge. I was alone. For that first time that I heard my name being called, I did not know where it was coming from. I heard it again for another 3-4 times. I looked and I was terrified on not seeing anyone around. I heard the laughter, I did. I ran. I think I amused Abba Father. I was a child but a foolish one at that.  
God has a hearty laugh, He sounds like thunder when he laughs. I learnt from my Abba, Father to laugh and laugh your heart out. LAUGH!

Today, I hope to amuse you with this joke that I found on the internet.
The joke is about an elderly couple having a problem with their memory. They went to the doctor and he told them to start writing everything down.
A few days later, the couple was watching television and the wife said "I sure would like a bowl of ice cream" and the husband said he'd go get it.
The wife says "Now you know what the doctor said. We have to write it down." to which he replied "I'm just going to the kitchen. I won’t forget."
A few minutes later he came back in and handed her a plate of bacon and eggs. She shook her head and said "I knew you'd forget the toast!"
 

For the Mt. Carmel’s Feast On the 21st of July, Bishop John Rodrigues, was the main celebrant. After the mass, there were so many people around to greet him. The first time, I passed him I felt the ‘Holy Spirit’s’ nudge (A nudge is God speaking to you through the ‘Holt Spirit’). As I stood there, I knew that I had to go and wish him. And when you feel that nudge-believe me, you can’t just sit and do nothing. You have to be up and doing. So I waited my turn. There was this lady who handed me her I-pad and asked me to click her snap with the Bishop and I obliged. When my turn came, the Bishop laid his hand over my head and I stood there with my hand open, wanting to wish him. I looked up at him as he was greeted by other people. I waited (because I wanted to wish) and then I could hold it no more so I made myself audible. I spoke to the Bishop. I said, "I know you are busy, but I won’t go from here without wishing you.” He looked at me, and said ‘You took communion from me, I saw you go back to your seat. What did you do with the communion? Did you have the communion?’ I looked at him and I said ‘yes’. I was gladly surprised that being Gods Holy man that he should remember me. And then I understood why the Holy Spirit insisted that I go to meet him. I will always cherish that moment. Oh God of mine, You gladden my heart!
 
A week back, I was watching ants this is what I learned from them. The ants, they work as a collective (a community). You can do whatever you possibly can to stop them. But they will move undeterred from their course of collecting food for the season. No matter how many times you put them off their course, they will keep climbing. They are on a mission.
As humans, this is so important and valuable a lesson. Over the years we have come to witness a lot of behavioral changes. When I was growing up, people were more selfless and sacrificing. Now a day’s, people only think for themselves. The ‘I’ is so very important.
I have seen women bring huge dishes of cooked food at night to feed the dogs. But I see poor children go hungry during the daytime. We have so many instances of malnourished children in the country and we are worried for dogs. What are we and why are we so hard hearted?
We need to learn from the ants to work as a collective each living for the other. We need to be unstoppable in our Mission to LOVE.
 
Jealousy is a bad thing. Sometimes people are unhappy with their own decisions in life. People are seldom (rarely) content with what they have. Whatever your reason-to be jealous over some one else-jealously can never be the answer.
Don’t be jealous over someone else’s success. God has an appointed time for everyone.
Romans 12:21 states: Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.
If you are envious of someone else’s achievements maybe you need to work hard trusting in God.
James 4:2-3 states: You desire and do not have, so you murder. You covet and cannot obtain, so you fight and quarrel. You do not have, because you do not ask. You ask and do not receive, because you ask wrongly, to spend it on your passions.
 
In the past I loved watching horror movies. It was kind of an obsession. The only alcohol I would drink-would be wine and that would be at Christmas. It’s been 4 long years now that I have kept the promise that God had asked of me. I was asked not to consume liquor and to completely stay from watching horror films.
While you may think what has horror movies to do with God. Let me explain.
Horror movies they impact your mind. The devil always wants his presence felt. So if he can’t get to you through route 1 then he will try route 2, that being the horror movies here. The devil will try all means of deception to keep you in fear. All fear is from the evil one.
Whatever you are addicted to, whatever your obsession – you can overcome it all in the name of Jesus.
Philippians 4:13 states: I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
 
As a community, we need to pave the way to the younger generation. Its about 2 weeks back, I was there for the evening mass. Now on error on whose part, that I do not know, but there should have been only 1 person to do the reading. There was a woman in her 50’s and the other a 17-18 year old chap.
The woman did the reading. I thought a little more understanding should have prevailed and maybe even if she was right, she could have let him do the reading. A little more understanding, a little bit more love-builds a bridge. Tomorrow, he would show kindness to someone else.
Hebrews 13:2 states: Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for by doing that some have entertained angels without knowing it.
Stepping outside of yourself and offering hospitality to others can be difficult at times. When we hear another’s sorrows or feel someone else’s pain, our own troubles seem so little.
Jesus opens His arms to everyone, and He asks that we do the same to others.
In the words of St. Benedict, “Let everyone who comes be received as Christ.”
May it always be so among the people of God here on this Earth. Amen.
 
 
No matter what life brings your way,
No matter how people treat you,
No matter what the world can say,
No matter how wounded your heart is,

If ever, and there will be that moment – When everything else fails, just remember this, that you will never ever find a heart so faithful – as the heart of GOD!
God is faithful to what He has promised.
Remember you are a Child of the Most High God! Be faithful to one another.
 
Glory! Glory! Hallelujah!

With all my Love,
For Love Prevails!
AnitA.
 
 
 
PRAYER: Abba, Father, Keep me always obedient and faithful, I pray. Amen.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment