Tuesday, August 20, 2013

You and me!


My People,

Good Morning! May the Peace of Jesus be with you and may Mama Mary watch over you.

I have learnt that we need to be thankful to God for everything in this world. There is no one in this world who loves you the way God does. Think about it, you don’t need an approval to call on His Mighty name. You are approved by ‘Jesus’ the name that is above every name.

We all have dreams, thank God for that. That’s what makes life worth living. In life, oftentimes we are waiting for something; waiting for a dream to come to pass, waiting to meet the right person, waiting and waiting. That could take some time, it may be tomorrow, or next week, or five years from now. When things aren’t happening as fast as we would like, it’s easy to get discouraged. But know this the moment you prayed, God has answered your prayer, and everything will come to pass at Gods appointed time. Not a minute before and not one second later.
Psalm 31:15 states: “My times are in your hands...”
God is called the ‘Old Faithful’!



Suffering never goes in vain. Everything seems so big if we lack in faith. But when we have that complete trust and faith in God, we can see that everything is so small and nothing is so hard.
REMEMBER: “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” Philippians 4:13

The 7th of July, before the 6.00 p.m. mass could begin, there was a tired looking raven in the Church and no matter what anybody did or however they tried to push the bird away that many a times the raven would return back.
And I thought, gosh even the bird knows where he can find rest. The raven wanted to be with God.
And I watch people talking in the Church, having their own chat sessions. There is no reverence shown to God.
If someone hurts our feelings then we get an attitude and don’t want to come back to Church. But not so with the raven, the good chap was there even after the celebration of the mass ended. Mr. Raven showed more reverence to God then I have seen people do. I think we could learn a lesson or two. 

Forgiveness always brings healing. Make forgiveness a habit.
Matthew 18:21-22 states: Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, “Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother or sister who sins against me? Upto seven times?” Jesus answered, “I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times.
Forgivness sets someone free from the chains, burdens and years of bondage. Have you hated or held a grudge on someone? It’s time to set them free and time to set your self free as well. Forgive with all your heart and let go of that which holds you back. Do not be the devils captive. Jesus, the Son of God has set you free. You are free indeed.
John 8:36 states: So if the Son makes you free, you will be free indeed.

Learn from your experiences. Most of the times we think all hope is gone and there is nothing left in life for us. But I want to assure you that there is a lot in store for you if you will just have faith and pray to God.
When you experience suffering-and accept it as the will of God, you will feel the love of God-strengthen you. Love is strength. Love is bold. Love fears nothing.

 
Everything you need is on the inside of you.
Proverbs 20:5 states: “The purposes of a man’s heart are deep waters, but a man of understanding draws them out.”God leads you and draws those things out of you when you stay open and humble before Him. That’s what makes you a person of understanding — because you understand and apply God’s principles.
A person of understanding delights in wisdom. A person of understanding is even-tempered is not easily led astray and maintains peace and order.
Be a person of understanding and draw from the resources that God has placed on the inside of you.

When the people of Israel were in the desert, God gave the Israelites temporary provision on the way to the Promised Land. God always has something better in store.
You have heard it been said that - If the lift to love is broken, try the stairs.

Change is inevitable and is an ongoing process of life. One reason people don’t like change is because they get comfortable with where they are in life. And even if it’s not perfect, they accept it simply because it’s familiar. However, when we are not willing to change, we get stuck in life holding on to what God did in the past instead of growing and moving forward into what God wants to do in the future.

Isaiah 43:19 states: “See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland”
Be open to the new things God has in store for you. Always remember that just because God has blessed you where you are doesn’t mean you can just sit back and settle there. God wants to do something new in you and through you. Keep your heart focused on Him.

When faced with difficulties, when you struggle with your relationships or you struggle with your job, it’s easy to think that things are never going to change. Stop wallowing in self pity. Wipe away all traces of doubts. Thank God and praise Him with all your heart. 
Galatians 6:9 states: “So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up”.
Thank God for all His blessings and always remember, God will make a way where there seems to be no way.
 

The 18th of August, It was a 10:15 a.m. month’s mind mass. The Priest celebrating the mass announced about the musical group-informing all that they had played as part of the months mind mass. (No error on the part of the Priest who celebrated the mass.) Everybody applauded in appreciation. That was wrong and totally disrespectful. The music was good. But see the thing was it was a month’s mind mass, that announcement did not need for people to respond with clapping. A husband had lost his wife. We need to know when to appreciate and when to hold back. We need to be able to discern.
Listening to God is - to be ready to listen. If you want to hear God speak, you must be quiet and focused on what He is saying.
Prayer is how you begin a conversation with God.

Listening to God requires a deliberate choice to shut out the world around you and focus your thoughts.
David, in the book of Psalms 143:8, says to God, "Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul".
Begin each day fresh with, His mercies every morning.

Listening to God requires a commitment to understand His message. Habakkuk longed to hear from God! He was so determined that he was willing to stand and wait as long as it took. Habakkuk 2:1 states: "I will stand at my watch and station myself on the ramparts; I will look to see what he will say to me…"
Habakkuk found that God was faithful. Habakkuk 2:2  states:"Then the LORD replied, 'Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it. For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay"

In order to listen to God and receive His instruction, we must want to do His will. God honors the heart that is fully surrendered to Him.
Psalm 40:8 says,
"I desire to do your will, O my God; your law is within my heart." When you listen to God and obey Him, you will discover a life that is full with purpose.

The sad thing about not talking and listening to God, is that you miss the opportunity to draw closer to God, to get to know Him better, and to let Him know that you realize that you want and need His help.
James says in 4:8, "Draw close to God, and he will draw close to you".
Without communication between you and God, you will find yourself drifting further away from God. And as the distance increases, your heart will indeed become harder and the ways of the world will begin to become ever more important.
Listen for that soft gentle voice filled with love and caring. LISTEN!

I love these words they were penned by the great Mark Twain.
Dance like no ones watching,
Love like you’ve never been hurt,
Sing like no ones listening,
Live like its Heaven on Earth.
The day, 12th of March, I had gone for the 6.00 pm mass. Fr. Chand in his homily said something that we sometimes need to be reminded of.
When you are in pain, words like these need to be drilled into your head. He reminded us all that we need to remember that God is the absolute power. When we know and believe that’s where a real transformation takes place. Then we experience Heaven on Earth.


With all my love.
For Love Prevails!
AnitA.
A walk to remember. . . .

As I walk under the starlit sky,
I watch the moon smile shyly across
Gently the cold wind blows across my face,
Oh that moment that I hear You call my name.

Is it too much to write my feelings down?
Would my heart hold any more?
Here I am!
I have made it to the mountaintop
I am in awe, Abba Father, I am.
We stand face to face, 
Here I am!

 
Just, You and me!

 
Prayer: Abba Father, keep me obedient and always faithful. Amen.
June 25, 2013: Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment