Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Gods WORD

 


Have you ever felt completely lonely or abandoned? I look to the Cross-my saving Grace, my God, and I could feel the tears in my eyes, and the terrible ache in my heart and God made me understand, how it feels to be miserable (lonely) and how it is for the broken-hearted?
When I heard God say that, in my heart, I knew that’s what God wanted me to understand. It’s not like I never knew the feeling. I have walked that road before. But God has a way of keeping you grounded and yet powerfully connected to Him. God wanted me to find my way out, by asking for His help. When I did, God answered.
How often, do we understand another person? How often do we sympathize with a person? Do we always need to know some person’s life story, before we decide that yes we treated them bad. Maybe we should have been kinder. Maybe that’s the reason the person behaved the way they did. Every time, a story will not be told. Sometimes, it might be late when you get to know or could it be that their story of how miserable or lonely or how abandoned they felt, goes with them?
Do you want to be the one who treats others this way? You’re right, when you say you can never tell of what a person goes through. Clearly not every one discloses of what they feel? Or what they are going through? Then how do you get to know?
The Bible, it’s what connects you to God-to a brighter understanding-and to knowing of God and His infinite power and of His infinite wisdom. The Bible holds all the promises of God. What you want to do, is to pray and ask God to give you the grace to read everyday and you my friend, is who God is waiting for.


I am confident of this: that the One who has begun his good work in you will go on developing it until the day of Jesus Christ. Philippians 1:6
It’s easy to become discouraged especially when our expectations have not been met in the time we have set. But this scripture gives us an assured hope that God will indeed finish the work he has begun.
Your life is no surprise to God, He saw you in eternity and knows the great work He has for you. Ephesians 2:10 says, For we are God’s [own] handiwork (His workmanship), recreated in Christ Jesus, born anew that we may do good works which God predestined (planned beforehand) for us [taking paths which He prepared ahead of time], that we should walk in them [living the good life which He prearranged and made ready for us to live]. Don’t give up on the restoration God is doing in your life, by faith know He is working. The work He has begun in you is like a seed planted. On the surface, nothing much is happening. But below, the soil, its dark and hard and the plant has to fight its way through the dark soil. This takes time. We can’t see the struggle. But its happening. Same way with our lives, we go through trials and we don't understand the reasons. We pray and we don't see the results. But God works behind the scenes continually for our dreams to manifest. And He, is orchestrating everything to perfection. Trust Him, always. It may at times feel like nothing is happening, but deep within just like a seed planted in the soil much is taking place unseen. Finally, the plant will surface, and grow to either a plant a shrub or the most beautiful tree, you've ever seen. Evey thing has a time and purpose. From a caterpillar to a butterfly, there are stages. Each stage has its own reasons. God has His wonderful reasons.
Trust that God will finish what He started in you, so that you may accomplish the great work He has planned and purposed for your life


3And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; 4And patience, experience; and experience, hope: 5And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us. Romans 5:3-5

Trials-Pressure
Trials are a part of life. As Christians, we must carry our crosses, daily. God's only son, Jesus, was born and brought up in a simple dwelling. If you think of it, there was no means of travel, so most often Jesus, had to go by foot or maybe sometimes sit on a donkey. And some nights must have been extremely cold, and some days the heat must have been terrifying. 
In our day to day, life, sometimes I find it difficult, to see so much harshness in people. I wish, everyone could be gentle. And sometimes, as a person, I wish I could go back to the 18th century. If only there was a time-machine. 
What I'm trying to say is, God knows the future, and God is always in control. God still chose to send His only Son to the world at the appointed  time. As a carpenter, do you know how many times, a splinter can go in your hands, and how many times you can actually hurt your hands? Think, about Jesus. The most powerful and yet so humble. He chose to be one of us. He did not choose power or wealth or fame. He chose our way of life. He chose you and me. He chose trials. He chose to be crucified, knowing wholly well that, this would give us ultimate freedom. At the cost of His life, we have salvation.


Patience 
What do we do while we're in trouble or surrounded by troubles? The Bible says we are to develop a character trait known as patience. You have to experience troubles in order to have something to be patient about.
Every troubled moment, if faced in the right way, will build the virtue of patience. There is a right way and a wrong way to things. The wrong way, would be to complain about things, to lose ones temper-to simply get aggressive. The right way would be to bless each and every moment-as a God given moment. We have to continue doing the right thing at the right time, trusting in God.
When troubles come, some people give up. Some others get aggressive and some wonder where God is? But you must endure! One of the greatest marks of our faith and our confidence in the Almighty is our endurance, our perseverance, and our constancy when troubles come. 
Like Jesus, let us pray when surrounded by trials or troubles of any kind, as Jesus did in the Garden of gethsemane. Jesus fought the greatest battle all by Himself. Knowing what would follow His decision, He chose to do His Fathers will.
Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer; Romans 12:12

U If we complaint about where we are, we will never get to where we want to be.

 
Experience
When one, goes through a series of tests bearing everything in patience, one learns to endure through the tests. The ongoing trial, teaches us ever to be humble and kind, only if we are willing to learn. Every trial, will teach us to be ever trusting on God. Needless to say, when we learn and if we learn then we will remain humble. Humility will teach us to understand how it feels to walk in others shoe.
From Gethsemane garden to Good-Friday-crucifixion, we heard Jesus say:Father forgive them for they know not what they do. Luke 23:34 - We saw 'Love Prevailed.'


Hope
Hope means utter confidence based on the Word of God. When we go through the testing time, we learn to be patient and we learn to believe that God is ever faithful.
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers,  neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39
Think, about God's faithfulness in your life---how He's brought you through difficult times in the past. This is God’s HOPE for you. God will never abandon. Never.
God is in charge and He-God who has begun a good work in you, will finish what he has started. We know of this, from the Resurrection of Jesus Christ on Easter Sunday.


WAY TO GO: We begin with a - trial, require-patience, after patience endurance-the will to continue-knowing God is in the battle with you, and finally the confidence in the Almighty God-that you are never the victim. And through that process, God will work into your life. God is always a WINNER. Come join the VICTORS. For we all are winners in Christ.


The Power of the Bible - Who I Am In Christ
I AM a child of God. (Romans 8:16)
I AM redeemed from the hand of the enemy. (Psalm 107:2).
I AM forgiven. (Colossians 1:13, 14)
I AM saved by grace through faith. (Ephesians 2:8)
I AM justified. (Romans 5:1)
I AM sanctified. (1 Corinthians 6:11)
I AM a new creature in Christ Jesus. (2 Corinthians 5:17)
I AM a partaker of His divine nature. (2 Peter 1:4)
I AM redeemed from the curse of the law. (Galatians 3:13)
I AM delivered from the powers of darkness. (Colossians 1:13)
I AM led by the Spirit of God. (Romans 8:14)
I AM a son of God. (Romans 8:14)
I AM kept in safety wherever I go. (Psalm 91:11)
I AM getting all my needs met by Jesus. (Philippians 4:19)
I AM casting all my cares on Jesus. (1 Peter 5:7)
I AM strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. Ephesians 6:10
I AM(can) do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
I AM an heir of God and a joint heir with Jesus. (Romans 8:17)
I AM heir to the blessing of Abraham. (Galatians 3:13, 14)
I AM observing and doing the Lord’s commandments. (Deuteronomy 28:12)
I AM blessed coming in and going out. (Deuteronomy 28:6)
I AM an inheritor of eternal life. (1 John 5:11, 12)
I AM blessed with all spiritual blessings. (Ephesians 1:3)
I AM healed by His stripes. (1 Peter 2:24)
I AM exercising my authority over the enemy. (Luke 10:19)
I AM above only and not beneath. (Deuteronomy 28:13)
I AM more than a conqueror. (Romans 8:37)
I AM establishing God’s Word here on earth. (Matthew 16:19)
I AM an overcomer by the blood of the Lamb and my testimony. (Revelation 12:11)
I AM daily overcoming the devil. (1 John 4:4)
I AM not moved by what I see. 2 Corinthians 10:4- 5
I AM walking by faith and not by sight. (2 Corinthians 4:18)
I AM casting down vain imaginations. 2Corinthians 10:4-5
I AM bringing every thought into captivity (2 Corinthians 10:5)
I AM being transformed by a renewed mind. (Romans 12:1- 2)
I AM a laborer together with God. (1 Corinthians 3:9)
I AM the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus. 2Corinthians 5:21
I AM an imitator of Jesus. (Ephesians 5:1)
I AM the light of the world. (Matthew 5:14)
I AM God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works that God  prepared for me to walk in. (Ephesians 2:10)


REMEMBER: Be confident that God is able to complete the good work he has started in us. God has plans for each one of us and we need to see those plans bear fruit. I think you do too. Think about it, God can and will work His purposes through us. We can turn away from God, but He will not abandon us no matter how difficult our situation may be. He will complete the good works He started.
Second, let us all be confident in the power of the gospel. We often think of the gospel as something that can change the lives of others. Do we ever stop and think about how it changes us-or how it has changed us? We need to consider what our lives would be like if we didn’t know Christ. Let us also reflect on how the gospel continues to change our lives and our life together.
Third, my hope is that we will grow in the years ahead, together with God, knowing the power of His Word. Because, it is the TRUTH! It is everything we need to know about God.

CONCLUSION: I hope that we will grow in love.. I hope that we will grow in our understanding and experience of what really matters, so that we may live pure and blameless lives until the day of Christ’s return. A pure and blameless life is one that doesn’t stumble and doesn’t cause others to stumble. It brings glory and praise to God.
Please join me in this hope and confidence that God will finish what he started in us. We belong to Christ. He loves us and can do so much in us.

PRAYER: My Father, every breath I take is your grace on me. Teach me to always have an unfailing compassion on each and every one. Teach me to love everyone, the way you would want me to. And God, let me always remember that every heart beat of mine belongs to you. Keep me humble, oh Lord I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment