Sunday, July 31, 2011

Heart to Heart

Ask rain from the Lord in the season of the spring rain, from the Lord who makes the storm clouds, and he will give them showers of rain.   Zechariah 10:1

It’s a wonderful life. And today, it has been a beautiful rainy day. I’m alive and I will speak of God’s faithfulness always. Believe and declare God’s blessings and favor.

The heart warms up to this notion, of the monsoon season. But not all of us feel the same way. I used to be this kind of person, who partly loved the rains and partly just wished that it would not rain at particular times. Matter of convenience, I guess. But things change. I had just completed my work. Had a really stressful day, thought it was the worst day ever. Felt miserable, thought I could cry my heart out. But somehow that did not happen. And when leaving from the workplace, noticed it raining. I forgot to carry my rain gear. I prayed that the rain would stop. Came out and noticed more heavy showers, and felt could this get any worst? Saw a passer-by with an umbrella and walked along till the gates. But getting there noticed no transport. Walked on, and stood along with a friend of mine, who kindly covered my head with her shawl. By the time the vehicles came, I was completely drenched. Once I was seated in the vehicle, I realized, I was completely wet but not miserable. I felt really wonderful. To this day, I remember the good feeling; I simply cannot recall what made me feel miserable. God had cast my burdens away.
What I’m trying to say, is a million people everyday, pray for the rains to be at times that are best suitable to them. I used to do the same. Is it a surprise then that with the same tongues we pray for the rain? And yet we wonder why God does not listen? God is listening to a million people complaining. Being all wise and understanding, He takes all our wishes into considerations.
What I have come to understand, is God uses all the means possible to speak of His immense love, for us. With every drop of rain that you feel know that you are loved very much.

We must in our prayers ask for mercies in their proper time. Rain in the scripture represents God’s favour.  This verse tells us, to ask for rain even though it’s raining. In the season of rain, ask for rain, simply means to ask for God’s blessings, ask for God’s favour. Because we cant receive something unless we ask.  God is showering, His blessings and favour. But we have to do our part to get our words in line with what God wants to do.  We have to ask for that favour. We have to release our faith with our words.

Prayer: I’m wishing you an understanding that only God gives, I’m wishing you everything that is wonderful more than you can expect or imagine. From my heart to yours, I’m wishing you LOVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment