Sunday, July 10, 2011

I Believe

Saying, The Son of man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and the third day rise again. Luke 24:7

The Cross is a symbol of God’s amazing love for all. I could speak on Love for hours together. But that I leave for some other time. My focus, here is on the troubles which we all encounter in various stages of our lives.

First, from my home front, I begin with my mum, who was diagnosed with womb cancer, and was told to have it operated (removed). All I remember is, just saying this little prayer, please give my mum, what she wants. At that moment, that was all the prayer I knew, other than what we prayed as a family. There were complications. But, all said and done, my mother was completely cured. This much I know, God has always been faithful, and I never want to ever let go of God.

As a family, we have had our share of drastic accidents, and every-time I remember, God’s protection over us. Troubles are a vital part of life. One that keeps us all connected to God.

Troubles, come and go. At certain moments, you could feel like its never getting over.  But even if you are surrounded by the ocean on all sides (that roughly is 71% water), you will find land.

It may seem, horrible, hopeless, and like no good is going to happen. It may seem like no one cares. Things may look like they are never getting any better. And you have been with this too long, to even see the ray of light.

Praying to His father, in Gethsemane Garden, Jesus had to accept the fact, knowing wholly well that He was up for being betrayed. Jesus prayed, that the Fathers will be done, accepting death, even death on a Cross, so that we might be saved.  Jesus was made to wear a crown of thorns, flogged with a whip, mocked, humiliated and brutally tortured.

Jesus was crucified with two criminals. One of the criminals, asked Jesus, to remember him, when Jesus came into His kingdom. I feel God gives meaning in even the smallest details and events. What Jesus did next was a wonderful example of understanding, acceptance, love, and compassion all wrapped up in one conclusive act. Jesus, told him, that very day he would be with Jesus in Paradise. The forgiveness that Jesus gives to this man before dying is yet another act of love even as he is dying himself.   

When was the last time you remember being nice to someone, especially when you had a bad day? Hard to remember, isn’t it? I don’t blame you. Tough times, do that to all of us. But now go back to the last paragraph. You will notice, Jesus not only gave His word, but kept it as well. (It shows, Jesus kindness, to the man, overlooking what he was) Do you notice, the word, criminal, Jesus, did not condemn, him. He came not to condemn. We are all Gods, wonderful creation. You, who are reading the article, right now, He loves you. And, He has heard you. You are always on His mind.

Coming, into this world, Jesus knew what His role was. The really great weight upon Jesus was the terrible weight of all our sins upon Him. Jesus, cried from the Cross, My God, My God, Why Have You Forsaken Me? Matthew 27:47-49. Jesus not only suffered physical pain on our behalf, He suffered more importantly spiritually and emotionally. He felt rejected by God in that one atoning instant; so then, the cry that came from Him was truly a personal cry of deliverance to the Father on His behalf, because He was at that point carrying the sins of the world upon His shoulders.

As powerful as Jesus is, He could easily have avoided all of this. But He chose to do none of these things. Rather, He willingly chose to genuinely be “wounded for our transgressions” and “bruised for our iniquities” so that He could truly pay for our sins and suffer human death.

But, this is not the end. It is, actually a splendid beginning. From a Good Friday to a Easter Sunday, from death to ressurection. Just remember, that no matter how hopeless a situation may look, it's not the end. There is always victory. The Word that stands out is ….. BELIEVE. 

Prayer: Thank you GOD, for the conformation with the reading of Isaiah 55:11 yesterday. (“Dreams do come true”-January)

So is my word that goes out from my mouth:
It will not return to me empty,
but will accomplish what I desire
and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.

No comments:

Post a Comment