Tuesday, March 13, 2012

I Called For LOVE


Oh my sweet God, what would I do if I didn’t have you? What would life be like? 
On a Saturday, after the mass, I just sat to talk with God. This is what I was saying, “I am nothing.’ And God responded ‘I will raise you up’. I said, ‘God, you know I try doing everything that you ask of me. And sometimes, I look like an idiot.’ And God again responded, I will raise you up’. I pleaded with God, to help me. And God responded, ‘I will raise you up’.  At the end I said, God you know I love you, and I will do whatever you tell me to.’ And God’s response again was I will raise you up’. I did not completely understand what it meant.
All I know, is I was always resilient. Never was proud. But there is something called reliance on God, not just a little bit. It’s called a 100 percent belief. So If I had to believe the way God wanted me to, then I would need to walk through the ways that God had in mind for me. Rejection was a part of the lesson. Being rejected meant also not feeling sorry for my self. Being rejected meant that I had to learn to be brought to nothingness. And being rejected because God guided me to it was a harder blow. God loves testing His people. I have cried. It wasn’t easy. But God sticks by you even more than when you fix an object with araldite. Not that I am advertising for the product. For every time, I walked the way HE showed. I would hear God say, ‘you have pleased my heart immensely’.  For every time, there would be a tear in my eye, He would send someone who would ask why I have tears in my eyes, and I immediately knew God was watching and it was God who was asking?  There are times when people call me simultaneously, and I know its God, calling me.
There is nothing that God want do. He will call out things from the ends of the earth for you. He will do the impossible. If you only believe … everything is possible.
I called for LOVE. . . .


Oh how great is thy goodness, which thou hast laid up for them that fear thee; which thou hast wrought for them that trust in thee before the sons of men! Thou shalt hide them in the secret of thy presence from the pride of man: thou shalt keep them secretly in a pavilion from the strife of tongues. Psalm 31:19-20
Simply put, the closer we are to Jesus, the stronger we’re going to be. And all the strength we’re ever going to need will come only through our secret life of prayer. If we’ll just draw near to Christ, He will draw near to us, giving us a fresh supply of strength daily.

In the Old Testament, the presence of the Lord was associated with the ark.. And so, wherever the Israelites travelled, they took the ark along with them.

The devil greatly fears the Lord’s presence in our lives. It’s why he wants to bog down your soul in doubt and fear. He wants you drained of all strength! He’ll use anything he can, even “good” things, to keep you away from spending time alone with Jesus. He knows your time with Christ makes you victorious over the fears and anxieties of this age!

The Word of God tells us we can pray without ceasing. This is unspoken prayer, anywhere, any time. I have come to believe that my most important prayers are those quiet whispers of thanksgiving that I offer to Him all through the day. This keeps me in the awareness of His presence.


The wicked flee though no man pursues: but the righteous are bold as a lion. Proverbs 28:1
The boldness of a lion is here compared with a believer. To understand this comparison, we need first of all to know what it means to be righteous. 
Romans 3:22 states-the righteousness of God-is by the-faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe. 
Having confessed Jesus as Lord and believed in our hearts that God raised Jesus from the dead, we were saved and we received the righteousness of God.
I love the lion’s strength and courage. As a believer - this is my confidence: I can do all things through Christ who gives me the strength. Philippians 4:13 A lion if he is hungry, he'll go after almost anything. Think of some of the men in the Word of God, such as Daniel, Moses, Elijah, Paul; do we have courage like they manifested? They knew they were righteous, and so they were bold and fearless as lions. God has not given us the spirit of fear, but He has given us the spirit of love, and of power, and of a sound mind. II Timothy 1:7. Therefore we can be fearless, just like the lion and daring. A lion will go right into an inhabited community if necessary; it doesn't worry him at all if he thinks he can get food that way. We as believers need to have some courage and daring upon the Word of God.

Ephesians 3:12 states-In whom (Christ)we have boldness. The basis for our boldness is in Christ, not in ourselves.
Our boldness is to be manifested towards God. The reason for this is that we belong to the household of faith. Since we do belong, we have a right to come into the Father's presence. 
Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need. Hebrews 4:16.  We must make the effort to come boldly before our Father.  
Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence [boldness] toward God. I John 3:21. 
And this is the confidence [boldness] that we have in him, that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. I John 5:14. Do we have confidence or boldness towards Him? And the particular area of boldness towards Him stated here is that if we ask anything of Him according to His will, He hears us. Then we know that we have the petition that we desired of Him. Yes, the righteous are bold as a lion.



CONCLUSION: Paul said that one of the effects that the gospel has on the life of those who believe it is fearlessness. "Lead a life worthy of the gospel so that when I come I may find that you stand firm, unafraid of any of your opponents." In other words, one of the ways that our lives show the worth of the gospel is when the gospel makes us bold and courageous and unafraid.
It was Paul’s boldness in evangelizing that kept his life from being in vain. And it will be our boldness that keeps our lives from being empty and weak and insignificant in the end.


REMEMBER: At least these two things have to happen inside if we are to be bold: we have to get free from the need of human acceptance and praise, and we have to get free from the need for the comforts and securities that money can buy. If we are free, we will be bold.
And the way to freedom is get your acceptance (approval) from God and get your praise from God, and get your comforts from God and get your security from God.
We do not need human approval. Our future is in God’s hands. So no human threats can ever stop us. We need to be bold and have courage.
We need boldness because without it our lives will be lived in vain. And our boldness comes from God because only His approval can break the power of craving for human approval, and only his security and comfort can break the fear of losing human security and comfort.


PRAYER: Father, I thank you for bringing me to know You. Teach me to always trust you and help me to understand Your ways always. I choose to be obedient and faithful. This I ask in Jesus name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment