Sunday, May 22, 2016

In GOD’s House.....




 
My People,

Good Morning! People often say with regret, ‘If I had my life to live all over again’ or ‘If I had this one chance’. Whatever you say, whatever you or I do, we walk this road called life only once, let’s do the best we possibly can and do what Jesus commanded us to do.

John 13:34 states: ‘A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; even as I have loved you, that you also love one another.’

When we live our lives with love, the Universe we live in becomes Love itself. Everything we do, say or touch becomes LOVE. The most famous King Midas is remembered in Greek mythology for his ability to turn everything he touched into gold including his daughter.

While gold has its value and a price tag (it is after all in a metal like state, mostly it seems to bring out the worst in people) – love has no price tag, it is priceless and the person it touches has a change of heart forever. Love is what love does.

              
 

This is not just a song. When you come to think of it, it is an expression. It is the wait for the one you love with all the love in your heart and through the walk of life and everything that life brings your way, that pain that love creates in the heart is something that you need to write and if you could sing -   
Here is John Denver and Placido Domingo (one of the Three Tenors) with their rendition of ‘Perhaps Love’.  There are numerous times when I am just alone and in those quiet times I have sung along with both John & Placido. Do you feel the ache?

Perhaps love is like a resting place
A shelter from the storm
It exists to give you comfort
It is there to keep you warm
And in those times of trouble
When you are most alone
The memory of love will bring you home
 
Perhaps love is like a window
Perhaps an open door
It invites you to come closer
It wants to show you more
And even if you lose yourself
And don't know what to do
The memory of love will see you through
 
Oh, love to some is like a cloud
To some as strong as steel
For some a way of living
For some a way to feel
And some say love is holding on
And some say letting go
And some say love is everything
And some say they don't know
 
Perhaps love is like the ocean
Full of conflict, full of pain
Like a fire when it's cold outside
Or thunder when it rains
If I should live forever
And all my dreams come true
My memories of love will be of you


At the end of this journey called life, it’s not the money that will matter or how many mansions one could possibly have. But the thing that will matter the most, is did you love and did you give it all you have? Did you love with all your heart?

If I had my life to live all over again’ I would ask God ‘for His Grace to do only His will’. John 3:30 states: ‘He must increase, but I must decrease."
 


 
Every word we speak matters. Something we say may seem insignificant at certain time, to us. But those very words when spoken can be life changing to a person who was in dire need of someone who could say something nice.

“The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit.” Proverbs 18:21

We all are given that power to make an impact on somebody and the numbers could rise. But the thing is we just hear the clock tick and all we think of is how selfishly we can implement all the best we can to ourselves. We don’t want to give our time or words to anybody.
It's especially important to speak words of encouragement to our children. Children are the future. When you give love-love is reciprocated. For the love you teach them and lead them with is what they will give to their children. Children need to hear on a regular basis that they can do something great with their lives. As parents, our words carry incredible weight.
 
Never discourage children and never put a child down before anybody. If you do have to say something, let a child down gently. The difference is the words we speak, the manner of speaking and mostly the tone has to be gentle, whatever we do we must put on love. Anything other than that frightens children.
Don’t ever compare siblings.
Don’t compare children with anybody else. The worst we can do as parents is compare. 

To a child, the parents are the super hero. God forbid if the child believes the things we speak in disappointment or anger, imagine the damage caused.

Words have power. It depends how we use them.

 
 

When a woman carries the baby within her – there is no bond like it in the world. She feels the baby when his or her little feet keep playing or when there is a constant  motion going on and she understands with time that is a natural thing and when on a given day the baby does something different she understands and knows that there is something that disturbed the baby. The baby on the other hand feels the mothers emotions, recognizes the mothers voice. They say a pregnant woman should never be unhappy and the reason is because when she does the baby too experiences unhappiness. The bond is like none in the world.

As the baby grows, to become dependent on the mother and everything the child learns from the womb to the formative years (8 years of age) is crucial to the child.  It’s during these years that the child is in the learning process and the mother acts as a shield protecting the child from the wounds that the child will experience when facing the world. Encouraged by the mother’s presence the baby even after falling when taking his/her first steps will quickly get up and try again to taking those gigantic steps not remembering the fall.


 

What is it that encourages or gets the child to not be afraid?

The mother’s presence is a relaxant for the baby. The baby is the safest in the arms of the mother.

Look at most of the pictures of Baby Jesus, what is it that you see? I’ll tell you there is tenderness, there is trust, there is a holy love and there is a message.

Not all of us are going to have a wonderful childhood or for that matter some people can be really frustrated or totally disappointed. It is a normal human tendency to want to be hugged.

Look to Mary, you will always be her baby and she will always be our Mother.

 
 

 

Mary will always lead us to Jesus.

Everyday all over the world we have masses being celebrated. We need to partake in the celebration. We need to receive the Eucharist (The Body of Christ) on Sundays and other days if possible.
Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things in him who strengthens me.
In life we have to remember, that Jesus is all we need. We need to understand His love and then go to understand His call to love.


John 15:5 states - I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in me, and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing.
Oftentimes, we the people tend to get wrapped up with things that don’t really matter in this realm. It’s easy to get consumed by ones career. If we want to truly enjoy the journey of life, we have to take the time to stop and smell the roses.
Hug your children before you leave each day and give your spouse a kiss.
Let your parents know that they are loved.
Appreciate everybody.
 

 


Enjoy the journey of life and live with no regrets. I want to with God’s grace say, “Lord, help me to finish my course with joy.”
The Bible tells us that in God’s presence, there’s nothing that can come against you & me when we are filled with the strength and joy of the Lord.
God inhabits the praises of His people. Draw near to Him, and He will draw near to you. James 4:8

 

A baby depends on the mother for his/her sustenance (nourishment) in the womb and after birth.  To the baby the mother is a comfort zone. Most of the behaviours are learnt while within the womb and in the formative years.

In the Eucharist the Church receives the gift of Jesus Christ and gives thanks to God. In the celebration of the Eucharist under the appearances of bread and wine Christ gives us the gift of eternal life.

Amen, amen, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you do not have life within you. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him on the last day. For my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink. . . . Just as the living Father sent me and I have life because of the Father, so also the one who feeds on me will have life because of me. John 6:53-57


 




Day April 10th, 6:00 pm mass - Sunday
Fr. Elton’s first mass at Mt. Carmel. It was my first watching a first by a newly ordained and being a part of the celebration of the mass. When I spoke with fr. I told him I don’t have the right words, I congratulated him.
Fr. William, Fr. Ashlyn, Fr. Alvaro and Fr. Lenny.
Fr. Leslie, Fr. Byron, Fr. Savio and I think I saw Fr. Warner among other priests at the mass.

Day March 16, 2016 – Bible Study. Sweet, Rebecca with a K.

Day 15th April, 2016.
I spoke with God, and I told how terrified I was of the promise God had made. It is the biggest blessing ever but as a human I am terrified. I know it will come to pass. I am more than grateful but I don’t know how.

         
Day 16th April, 2016.
On my way to work, I see the following numbers 1313, 9494, 786(refers to chapter Abraham in my Bible), 777(all of heaven), 444 (Tobit) and 1331.



Day 17th April, 2016.
Jesus promises to be by my side when death is near and to walk me to Heaven.
 
   


Day 24th April, 2016.

After the 6:00 pm mass I visit Jesus in the Blessed Eucharist. It is always wonderful and calming to sit with Jesus. I am seated and I hear Jesus calling me ‘come closer’. I suddenly feel somebody behind. Fr. William comes and sits a seat before me. I tell Jesus now I am very close to You. (Jesus in the Eucharist-Jesus before me.) I know a priest is Jesus. But I felt the presence of Jesus in Fr. William, it was so strong, it was undeniable and you don’t want to get up. When Jesus told me to leave, I said Jesus it’s too difficult. I told Jesus I feel You so strongly, I don’t want to leave. I wanted to touch a part of the alb of Fr. William because Jesus was right in front of me. I felt Jesus a 100%

When I had to leave – I slowly touched the chair Fr. William was seated in.
 

Day 25th April, 2016.
08:00-11:00  Eucharistic Adoration at Mt. Carmel’s

 
Day 2nd May, 2016 – I missed out on the 3hrs of Eucharistic Adoration due to my being sick.

 
Day 9th May, 2016 – Fr. Lenny leads the rosary (Eucharistic Adoration) 3hrs.

Day 16th May, 2016 — I am getting better, compared to the 2 previous weeks. (Eucharistic Adoration 3 hours)
 
 
Day 18th May, 2016 – For Your will in our lives.
Thank You, Abba Father.
Thank You, Jesus.
Thank You, Holy Spirit.
 

 



 

The sacrifice of the Mass began at the Last Supper and it ended on Calvary. The Mass–It is Jesus and us together, offering the Eucharistic Sacrifice. We live the Mass insofar as we live lives of sacrifice.

It is Christ, the Son of God, the Son of Mary praising God the Father and the Blessed Trinity at the altar. It is Jesus, imploring, with us and for us, graces through the power of His sacrifice (His death on the Cross). The Mass is the most powerful means to obtain an atoning sacrifice for sin. It is a means of petition to God for the graces that we need in our walk through life. Graces are necessary for us to know God's will - to desire to do what pleases God.

Christ is the Mediator between God and us. Jesus laid down His life for the salvation of all. Jesus continues in the Mass what He did on Calvary to redeem us.

The Mass is a sacrifice of praise it is a great sacrifice of love. Before we come to celebrate the Mass we must first confess our sins so that our sacrifice may be pure. Matthew 5:23-24 states - So if you are offering your gift at the altar, and there remember that your brother has something against you, leave your gift there before the altar and go; first be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift.

The Priest (and the victim) is the same Jesus Christ who offers the Eucharistic Sacrifice. The sacrifice has to be voluntary, total offering of oneself to God. Christ makes this voluntary offering in every Mass which is signified by the consecration of the bread and wine into the Body and Blood. The Last Supper: Jesus took the bread and the wine; 1 Corinthians 11:24 - and when he had given thanks, he broke it, and said, “This is my body which is for[a] you. Do this in remembrance of me.”



During Mass the Priest, the Victim-JESUS is now a risen, glorious Victim.

Love means, giving ourselves to the one we love. It is here especially that joining with Christ in the Mass we give ourselves up: we deny ourselves. We surrender our wills to the will of God.

Jesus took on the form of man and in all humility accepted death on a Cross. We need to surrender everything we are to God and become and feel the nothingness in the presence of The Almighty God.
 

 
Day 4th May, 2016    18th May, 2016 – On the 4th I had reported to work but due to over exceeding stress and fatigue working 13&½ hrs daily (to complete the work given) – I am mentally exhausted. I know and feel the break is necessary.

 Day 12th May, 2016. – The first day of the Tridum for Pentecost. At around 9:00 something I come out of the Church. I look at the moon and it goes into hiding. I stand there, look and wait and I tell the moon that I won’t move from the spot I am standing if he does not show himself. The moon does.

I come home, and I am completely exhausted. I sleep and I cannot figure out a way to get up. I am helpless and I call on Mama Mary, I tell Mama, I cannot make it to Church tomorrow in this present condition. I need help.

 


Day 13th May, 2016. – All these days I haven’t been to Church for the morning mass due to my present health condition. Today the feast of ‘Our Lady of Fatima’ and I so want to be in the Church if just for the mass. When it comes to the evening time, I feel the strength in my body and I know Mama Mary heard my prayer.

Second day of the Tridum - Fr. Vinay carries the Monstrance around (Eucharistic Adoration) and brings Jesus nearer to everyone. Of course the Priest is Jesus himself. It’s something different. During the Liturgy of the Eucharist (mass), there is a part which Fr. sings and it is wonderful to hear.

On my way back home, one of the ladies was talking of Fr. not being audible and I told her it was not the priest fault but the sound system in the Church is not up to the mark. I told her if you sit in different locations you hear differently. Some people can’t hear at all. But women being the way they are will never want to listen to reasoning at least some of them. I understood and shut up.

This same lady was talking of a person in his 20’s doing some work with bottles-having lights fitted into them. According to her this person buys bottles from a particular company for Rs. 2.00 and then sells the stuff for 1000.00 bucks which people actually buy. I told her if one can buy fancy lights why would you buy something in a bottle for that kind of money? She insisted that people buy. I said yes people have too much money to throw away. She got annoyed and told me it is better to help him rather than let him get into the habit of taking drugs. Maybe I don’t know the story of this person. But as Christians we are not to pity anyone. We can have mercy and compassion. But pity never.

 


I don’t know what shocks me is it our lack of compassion or do we not understand? Or do we pretend to not want to understand or do we like walking blind? Prey, tell me.

Most recently we had a matter where 65 farmers committed suicide in Marathwada. Isn’t it shocking? When we know what our Country’s strength is – do we not need to care for our farmers?
We have money spent in crores for building skywalks or metro with not many people making use of it.
71 % of Earth is water. I agree that most of it is salt water. But there is a method that salt water can be converted to drinking water and currently seawater desalination plants are in production in certain parts of the world.

In school when appearing for Biology exams one of the sure shot questions which would come as a give reason to be - the earthworm is the farmer’s friend why?

I will ask you one question ‘the farmer is our best friend? WHY?’

So you are one of the richest people. You have houses and maybe around the world too. And you have friends and relatives who are rich like you. What do you care? 65 farmers what difference does it do to you? You are happy or not but you can buy anything and so you think.

Trouble is neither you nor one of your so called friends can or will take a farmers place.

The farmer works the year round. He ploughs, he cultivates the field then he waits for the due time for the crops to grow. He waits patiently for the rains. He hopes with all his heart. The government does nothing for our farmers. Even when there is a good crop, our farmers get cheated out. There are middle men everywhere.
Scarcity of water and lack of interest from the government will make people opt out of choosing to toil the soil. Everyone will run to want to work in the cities.
Farmers are so very important. If they opt out who will do the field work? We can’t undo the wrongs. Heaven knows we do so many of them.  
We can’t undo what has been done. We can try to understand the plight of others. We need to pray for our FARMERS. We need to pray for people in India and around the world – people affected by drought. God give them and their families and each one of us the strength and courage to believe in the IMPOSSIBLE.
My prayer for our farmers and our drought hit world.

May they never run short of water or have too much of it. May they be always blessed? My prayer with their cry for mercy before Your throne, my Almighty God! Have mercy and hear our prayer our cry! Amen.

Your Will be done, my Lord!

 


 

Day 14th May, 2016 – Third day of the Tridum – I know I am permitted my strength because Mama heard me. 
Fr. Vinay spoke on the God of IMPOSSIBLES! It was everything I needed to hear. He gave me a push.
He made this statement-‘When God makes a promise, God keeps it.’
Thank You, Abba Father.
Thank You, Jesus.
Thank You, Holy Spirit.

 
There are many numbers which I am very familiar with. God speaks to me through numbers too. I often see the number 786. Some years back I realized that it was pg 786 on my Bible referring to Abraham – so I learnt that I need to have faith like Abraham.
2 days back I noticed this letter on my table which I had kept aside months back. It was Fr. Avon’s letter and I noticed the address which stated 786001 as its pin. It surprised me. I don’t understand it.

 

Last year my mother gifted me a bunch of white roses. I had mentioned it in my letter last year but did not completely realize its significance. January 19, 2015.
In my February, 2016 letter – I have mentioned two names, Sr. Noel Theresa Furtado & Theresa Hodges. Both these names Theresa and in the above paragraph white roses-are signs of St. Therese of Lisieux.
It was Violet who had given me the prayer to St. Theresa. The address has the number 1313 stamped on it Which I have mentioned in one of my letters. March 24, 2015. My signs, again.

I had heard of The little flower of Jesus, but never ever prayed till I was given the prayer sheet by Violet.
 


 

As people we all crave for attention. There are few women who set aside time inorder to be of assistance to the Church which is a commendable job. As humans sometimes, we tend to do one job well and we are unable to cope with the other. Don’t let the other be your husband and children. Don’t let any heart hurt, because when it does it will hurt you the most.

Whether doing work at home or being helpful at Church – whichever it is, do it all for the love of God.

Always bear in mind, our top most priority must always be God and then our families and everything after that. Love must begin at home, and if you have doubts of what I say just remember Jesus, Mary and Joseph.

 

Women today, want to be recognized, want to climb the ladder and nothing wrong with that. It would be okay if they did it the right way. But there are some women to whom the only thing that matters is getting up there. There is no line the today’s woman wont cross. This is not freedom. Break down in moral character is what you will notice in most walks of life. I see it every-day. It is really bad when you notice the things that are done and worst of all there is no feeling of guilt or shame. And these are not women or girls who are coming from where the ends cannot be met.

Single or married throwing one’s self off just to get ahead in life-that’s just too bad.

When married, there are responsibilities towards the family. But most women today work and work takes priority again nothing wrong in that. And if you are chasing a position, then sad to say the family in such cases takes a back seat. Because with position comes parties (smoking-having booze) and pleasing other people and if you don’t then you simply don’t fit in.

From a working woman’s point (whatever wrong is done to meet whichever end it is) it’s a pit they dig, and whatever they do, a stench will arise some day.

 


Our Lady is the ultimate model of love. We need role models for our time, who better than Mama Mary.

Mary did not walk in the ways of the world. She was found to be empty of worldly desires. Her every desire was God and in her God found a complete surrender. Being closed to the world she was open to God.

Because God found in her emptiness - God filled her with every grace. Notice the line - “Hail Mary, full of grace!” Her answer was a (complete and nothing holding her back) YES to God.

She received Jesus in the womb but she did not keep Him to herself. The arch-angel Gabriel visited Mary and told her that she was to conceive a child through the power of the Holy Spirit. Gabriel also told Mary that her cousin Elizabeth had conceived and was in her sixth month of pregnancy. Mary made haste and visited Elizabeth, thus bringing the presence of Christ to Elizabeth and (baby) John. Mary kept giving and giving, never keeping anything for herself. The Wedding Feast at Cana – she again gave the Gift of Christ away. Mary did not hesitate; she did not hold back, she gave freely. Mary reached out to Elizabeth, to the couple at Cana and now Mary reaches out to each one of us.

Each time Mary allowed herself to be emptied, her capacity to receive increased. When Mary stood at the foot of the cross giving Christ her son, she was able to receive in full what Jesus gave her (Jesus looking at John the beloved apostle said: “Woman, behold your son.” She was entrusted with all of humanity. (as explained by Fr. Ashlyn-Bible study)

She did not cling to Jesus – her only Son at the Cross.




Being a today’s woman does not mean having a false sense of ego or trying to be a man. It does not mean we as women need to compete with men or other women. Mary on being filled with the Holy-Spirit and hearing of Elizabeth’s pregnancy made haste. She did not let her position of being the mother of God get to her.

A woman is not regarded in high esteem because she has climbed the corporate ladder. Look at Mary, a simple girl, said a big YES. Mary gave birth to Jesus, the Son of God. Mary lived an obedient life. Obedient to her husband, doing all the household chores and look what an ideal family the three were. Jesus, Mary, Joseph.
 



 
   
 
My mom told me a little story of a man, who is all, dressed up and is on his way to the Church.
He falls into a puddle of water, wets his shirt. Without any resentment at all he walks home to change. A second time to the Church he falls into the same puddle, wetting his shirt. He heads home calmly and has a change yet again.
Third time and from a distance he sees a person standing with a lamp. On nearing he thanks the man thinking he must be an angel and together they walk to the Church. Once at the Church, the good man invites the man with the lamp in.
The man with the lamp then reveals that he is the devil. And it is he who made the man fall on both the occasions. But because he so humbly got up and went about doing his job, God blessed him. The first fall and God blessed the Church going man’s entire family. The second fall and God blessed the Church going man’s entire village. The devil told he did not want to see what else God would bless him with the third time?
 
 
It’s not necessary that the one who helps is a good person. We are not to judge. We need to pray to the Spirit of God, for the power of discernment.
Sometimes people could have their own agendas (Reasons) to help. Be watchful.
 
 
This Monday, having to work is going to be a lot strenuous. December 16th was the last time I had taken an injection for my asthma. I have for now discontinued the medicine. It used to be once in 3 months. I find it difficult to breathe. It’s difficult to walk. And it’s difficult to explain to people because not everyone understands.
 
Six days of work, I am going to follow the story my mom told me. I am going to give it my best. I will try to not complain and surrender each moment to Jesus. I need to learn to be humble and more humble. I need to be like Jesus.
I am beginning to learn and feel the nothingness in me and I know this, I believe ‘God alone suffices’. Oh Lord, guide my every action, let Your thoughts be my every thought, let my every heart beat feel and know Your amazing love. Enlighten my mind, purify my heart and sanctify my soul. Let my every breath whisper Jesus, Jesus, Jesus. Never let me be parted from You. Amen.
My life is Yours forever!

God cannot fill what has not first been emptied. May we learn from Mary to always be open to the ways of God?

In my nothingness, I lay still in my wait for God.  This is my hope. I am in total surrender to His Divine Will. Amen.

 

   

With all my Love,
For Love Prevails!
AnitA.

 


 
PRAYER: Abba, Father, keep me obedient and always faithful. Remember, this your servant.

Mama Mary keep me humble, I pray. Amen.

               

No comments:

Post a Comment