Wednesday, August 29, 2012

My Lord and My God!




 
Hi!
My People,

Thank you for being here. Sorry! The posts for the month of September-will be on Sundays. Hope to have you visit. Thank you.

With all my Love,
For Love Prevails!
AnitA.

If you truly love someone, you will find your way to them. No matter how crowded the world may be, love is the lighthouse that leads you home.

Every body wants to be loved. It’s our innermost longing. It’s what the heart desires. It’s what the heart knows and understands.

If ever you feel unloved, because I know there are moments like that, and those moments can feel like a long walk through a tunnel.

You feel that ache in your heart. You feel that emptiness. It never seems to vanish. You pray long. And it seems to have been a very long time, you think.

You watch people you know and care about leave and it hurts.  

You watch people treat each other the way they shouldn’t. But who is to say?

You love someone with all your heart. He or she becomes your whole world. Just imagine for a moment, that they are far away. And you haven’t seen them for quiet some time. At this very moment, what do you feel?

Can I say that you have an intense ache in your heart? You would give anything in the world to hear their voice. That when you feel the breeze move around you, when you hear the raindrops, that everything in nature makes you want them to be near you. What would you give for that moment?

Everything on earth is so splendid when the one you love is with you, isn’t it?

Love is like that-it removes the emptiness-it fills your heart with gladness.

People say-that there are many fish in the sea. I don’t disagree. But aren’t fish for eating? Okay so I can’t tell a joke.

But seriously speaking-I believe-that you love and when you do-it is now and forever. It’s the way it’s meant to be. Faithful to the one you love. I don’t want to know any other way.

That’s the way it is – when we look at the whole picture. When you love someone deeply-you know how it feels? That’s the way God feels about you. He loves you so much. HE waits for you. Will you keep Him waiting?

HE is faithful. True that the Earth (the habitation of 7 billion and counting-people) from space could just-be a dot. But that is another mans point of view. To God Earth will always be Earth-the home of His people. It will never be replaced. To God you my friend are irreplaceable.

Always remember that-there will never be another you. He is the Almighty. Faithful is His name.



Surrender means giving back to Jesus the life He granted you. It’s relinquishing control, rights, all the things you do and say. It’s totally resigning your life over to His hands, to do with as He pleases.
Jesus himself lived a surrendered life: “I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me” John 6:38. Christ never did anything on his own. He made no move and spoke no word without being instructed by the Father. Jesus’ full surrender to the Father is an example of how we all should live. You may say, “Jesus was God in flesh. His life was surrendered before he even came to earth.”
“Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again. No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again” John 10:17–18.
Jesus was telling us, The act of self-surrender is totally within my power to do. I’m choosing to lay down my life. Nobody’s taking my life from me. My Father gave me the right and the privilege to lay down my life. He also gave me the choice to pass up this cup and avoid the cross. But I choose to do it, out of love and full surrender to Him.
Our heavenly Father has given all of us this same right-the privilege to choose a surrendered life.
Living victoriously means to surrender ones will in total obedience.



I have been crucified with Christ . . . Galatians 2:20
The first thing we must surrender is all of our deceit. The Spirit of God will show us what we need to surrender next. We will have to give up our claims to our rights to ourselves.
We will suffer a sharp painful disillusionment before we fully surrender. When people really see themselves as the Lord sees them, it is not the terribly offensive sins of the flesh that shock them, but the awful nature of the pride of their own hearts opposing Jesus.
Surrender all that you have and all that you are to Him. And God will then equip you to do all that He requires of you.


When we surrender to Christ, we have victory in this life and the life everlasting.
I. The surrendered life serves without question.
Eg: Noah and the Ark. Genesis 6

II. Submission to Divine Will leads to:
A Relationship with God.
Matthew 12:50-Whosoever shall do the will of my Father, which is in Heaven the same is, my brother, and sister and mother.-We become part of the family of God.
Keeping God’s law in our hearts.  
Psalms 40:8-I delight to do your will, o my God, your law is within my heart.
God will show you His will. When He does it must be kept in your heart.
Every day life experience.
The will of God becomes the factor in how we live. We won’t make plans without Him.

III. Surrendered Life-Life’s experiences.
In the good times-In the bad times. 

1. David’s eg. when his son died. 
2. Job’s statement, “Naked I came into the world and naked shall I return, the Lord gives and takes away, blessed be the name of the Lord.” Job 1:21
3. Jesus-in the Garden of Gethsemane.

1 Thessalonians 5:18 In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.



A PERFECT HEART Create in me oh Lord.
Growing closer to Jesus means that we begin to walk with Him so closely that we hear Him warning of the trials ahead.
The trusting heart always says, 'All my steps are ordered by the Lord. He is my loving Father, and He permits my sufferings, temptations and trials—but never more than I can bear, for he always makes a way of escape. He has an eternal plan and purpose for me. He has numbered every hair on my head. He formed me when I was in my mother's womb. He is Lord over every event and situation in my life.'
A perfect heart is also a broken heart!
David said, "The Lord is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite [crushed] spirit" Psalm 34:18.
Brokenness means more than sorrow and weeping, more than a crushed spirit, more than humility. When we are truly broken before God, we are given a power that brings a special kind of glory and honor to our Lord.
This is truly a broken heart: one that first sees the church and families in ruin and feels the Lord's anguish. It also looks deep inside and sees, as David did, its own shame and failure. But there is a second important element to this brokenness, and that is hope. The truly broken heart has heard from God: "I will heal, restore and build.

Brokenness also involves giving-up our personal rights and selfish interests to God. In Galatians 2:20, we find: "I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." Being broken means, we are to DIE TO SELF. To live by faith in Jesus-not to live by sight. Our Self and Chirst like attitude-self explanatory(CHART).

SELF                         CHRIST
Irritable                    Patient
Touchy (Sensitive)           Understanding
Proud                        Humble
Critical                     Forgiving
Jealous                      Happy when others succeed
Prone to anger               Forbearing
Focused on rights            Sacrificial (Yields rights)
Self-seeking                 Servant attitude
Self-centered                GOD-centered

God also uses day-to-day situations to humble us. Once broken, God wants to use us and He cannot do so if we are full of ourselves.

The ONLY MOTIVE that can compel us to die to self is the CROSS OF JESUS CHRIST. In Philippians 2:5-8 Paul states: "Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus: Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to death-even death on a cross!"

In the Garden of Gethsemane, we see a crushed and broken Jesus, yet steadfastly obedient to the Father's will. Let us also realize that God, our Father, broke His own heart when He ignored His only Beloved Son's appeal for relief, if possible, from the cup of wrath that He was about to drink. As we meditate on Christ's death and its eternal significance for us; the process of brokenness is hastened.

To die to self is to be prepared to give-up one's life for Christ, to carry one's cross. God allows others to "crucify" us, for behind each rebuke is God trying to humble us. Instead of becoming angry and resentful, our hearts must ask: "What is it in me that you want me to change, God?" Finally the choice is yours.


God cant talk to you…UNLESS!
“These things I command you, that ye love one another”. John 15:17. God will first speak to you about your actions at home with your husband/wife and children—about your quick temper, your grudges, your unforgiving spirit. He’ll point out every hidden, secret thing in your life—God walks with you through every trial and hardship. God wants to shower you with His favour. God wants to bless and keep you by His Spirit. Do not hold back on God! God says: 'We simply can’t walk together unless we agree on these matters of your heart!'


HOPE IN GOD
We have been blessed with both the love and the fear of God. We’re to sing, shout and rejoice—not because judgment has come but in spite of it. So, what is it God wants his people to know in light of this truth? He says it all in one verse, Isaiah 51:11:

“Therefore the redeemed of the Lord shall return, and come with singing unto Zion.” 

In other words: I’m going to have a people who return to me with trust, faith and confidence. 

“Everlasting joy shall be upon their head.” 
The joy that God’s people experience will last through the years, through hard times, even to the very end.
 

“They shall obtain gladness and joy.” 
God looked down through the ages and said, I’m going to have a people who will obtain joy and possess it. They’ll lay hold of it, and it will be theirs.
 

“Sorrow and mourning shall flee away.” 
This doesn’t mean all our suffering will end. It means that such things won’t be able to rob us of our joy and gladness in Christ.


GOD Delights in you!
David could say, 'The reason God delivered me from all my enemies—from all my sorrows and the powers of hell—is because I am precious to Him. My God delights in me!' The key to your victory is in this verse.
It is the secret to entering into the rest God has promised you. Until you lay hold of it—until it becomes a foundation of truth in your heart—you won’t be able to withstand the trials of life.
Isaiah had a revelation of God’s great delight in us. He prophesied, “O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine. When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee: and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee Isaiah 43:1-2.
Isaiah wasn’t talking about a literal flood or fire. He was talking about what people go through spiritually and mentally. Israel was in captivity at the time; their floods were trials, their fires were temptations, their rivers were testings. These were all Satan’s attempts to destroy and overwhelm God’s people. Isaiah’s words were a message of pure mercy to Israel. But God sent them a brokenhearted prophet who said, “God wants me to tell you that you belong to him.”




CONCLUSION: Right now, you may be in the midst of a trial. You’ve got to understand that the Lord does not always calm the waters. He doesn’t always keep the floods from coming or put out the fires. Yet He does promise this: 'I will walk with you through it all. This trial or circumstance will not destroy you. So, walk on. You’ll come out on the other side with me beside you!'


REMEMBER:
Friend I don't know what you are facing or what lies ahead in your path. But I know that we serve a God who effortlessly created the world in six days.
Commit Matthew 6:25-27 to memory. Replace the worrying thought with the truth of this scripture: Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?  Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?

We struggle to surrender control. Therefore God has to use all kinds of ways to encourage and invite us to surrender to Him, and His love. But we must always remember that God doesn’t desire for us to surrender to His power, but to His love and kindness-Romans 2:4.

PRAYER: Abba Father, Your will be done. I am nothing, without You. Keep me always obedient and faithful to You, I pray.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ann,
    Been following this blog for some time now. Love the way you keep it simple. Thank you for the inspiration.
    Claire.

    ReplyDelete