Thursday, August 30, 2018

Heaven to Earth!



For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me. John 6:38
Jesus came down from Heaven to Earth. He became one of us-the Son of God-chose to be human.
 
Every bit of life is a struggle. It is so very difficult to give up the material things-it is difficult not to give into
all the pleasures of the world. Look at the world around us, everything is about the craving for things?
The things people do, the ugly things to hold on to that power and accumulate wealth and titles. There is no stopping anyone who wants what they think they want. The not so new adage-The heart wants what it wants. No relationship remains sacred in the-whatever you call it race.
And the things people will do, the things they can do and the things they do, to hurt one another - there is no end to it all.
No matter where one goes, there is the ugliness of the heart that one gets to learn of. And it is not a pretty sight.

To give up one’s life, to surrender it into God’s hand. All the choices that this life can give, so endearing, so alluring and so much temptations. It can be and is very difficult.

To let God have the complete control. To let each and every thread of my life into God’s hand, that is something difficult to do. To have no say in my life-that would definitely mean like dying so many times over. To let the best things in life pass me by. To be wanting to hold on to the things in life and never let go. To be a yoyo in God's hand, to bounce here-there and everywhere and where the Hand of God reaches out to. To choose to have no say-to trust His choices, His say, His methods. To be confused at times and yet to trust-to know that God is in control-God is in Charge. That is what we must do. 



I have to REMEMBER - 

My life is not my own - it is a gift of God.
When I believe that this life is His gift to me, I will live each moment with His consent-His will.
The world was made for the glory of God.

This life is not made for us to heap treasures of Gold but to have hearts filled with love and of obedience to God. While living this life of obedience, my heart that is filled with love must also be filled with love for my fellow brethren, only then can I say that I love God. I must love with the obedience of Christ that brought Him from Heaven to Earth.

God made each one of us for a specific purpose. 
I am made to know God, to love Him, to serve Him and to be Happy with Him Forever. 

When I say I know God, when I say I love Him then I will adhere to the commandments of Jesus-
You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind; and your neighbor as yourself." Luke 10:27



"For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him might not perish but might have eternal life" John 3:16.

We come back to the first line of this passage - For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me. John 6:38 
Jesus came down from Heaven to Earth. He became one of us-the Son of God-chose to be human. Out of love for His Father with obedience, Jesus sacrificed Himself for us. The Son of God stepped down from the splendour of Heaven to this sinful world for us. How much are we ready to sacrifice?


God created us and knows what is best for us. In serving Him, each of us becomes the person that God wishes us to be.

When God made us, He intended for us to be drawn into the life of the Holy-Trinity. He gave us the freedom and we chose to sin. By rejecting the reasons why God made man, we also rejected His plan for us, to be happy with Him forever, in Heaven and the world to come.


It is difficult to let go and say okay God, not knowing where God is taking me. I see people succeed and I feel happy for everyone. It’s my life that is on a hang and it seems forever. But even brokenness has its own beauty. The hardest part, most terrible part is the waiting. In the waiting you learn silence is of the utmost essence. In the waiting you learn what it feels like to be humiliated when obeying God. In silence, you are broken further, whatever moments life brings to you, they must be dealt with the trust in God, that allows for no human reciprocation, whatsoever. Silence brings in unwavering Trust in God. Silence teaches you to be grateful to every aspect of life, good or bad. In silence, I look upto God, I look to Him for help. 
I lift up my eyes to the hills. From whence does my help come? My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth   Psalm 121:1-2

When we let go and let God, we don’t have a say in our life. We let God have the control and the final say. We go with His decision no matter what it is. I trust Him. We have to know that God does everything for our good.

And however it turns out, it will be His will that was followed. God is faithful.

There are people who do everything to get that coveted position and the accolades that go with it. They work it on their strength and their time. They don’t have the patience to wait on God, so they go and do a bit of the right and wrong, they like to make belief that it came from God. They tell everyone of how God blessed them. It is absolutely true that God has blessed everyone in different ways. But all the time they ran everywhere helter-skelter to make their dreams possible-achievable.

God allows the blessings to walk in. But was it God’s will? NO. 

I am imperfect. I can do nothing by myself. BUT.....




God’s will takes time. It is an absolute surrender where I have no say at all because I am in submission to whatever He has in will for me. So if someone treats me like a dog or an untouchable and I know that is in God’s will for me, then that torment is what I need to go through. I need to take the humiliations because it is in His Divine will for me.

I will not be in a hurry to get anywhere. I will love everybody. I will be in complete joy because I know that He is faithful. I know that it may take time, but He has a time and purpose for everything. In His time, I cannot be late. To be humiliated knowing it is in His will for me – can be a wonderful experience. It gives me great joy to know that I am loved and needed. That He needs me… is the greatest part of being loved.

Our success, must come from God. There is a blessing on every one. And God has a time for everyone. When it is God’s blessings, things happen suddenly-when we least expect. That is God’s timing.
When we succeed, in God’s time-it is God’s glory that is accomplished. When Jesus died on the Cross, it was to the glory of God. Jesus utters, ‘It is accomplished’. Even being in a world of agony, Jesus has uttered the words with joy. It is a victory in all the brutality. 


Jesus being the God-man (Son of God) was subjected to all hardships like all men. But Jesus unlike us, prays to His Father and knowing fully well what His Father’s will is-He obeyed. 
And being found in human form he humbled himself and became obedient unto death, even death on a cross. Philippians 2:8 
He was obedient always and even to the agonizing death on the Cross, He is obedient still.


Philippians 2:9 Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name which is above every name,
As the Son of God, Jesus could have pulled Himself out at anytime especially when being tormented with all the insults. He did not have to go through the nightmare.

When one can get out scot free, as humans we tend to take the easy way out. Jesus did not come to Earth for a pleasure trip. Jesus loved us to death. Jesus went to the Cross, with His Father’s will in it. 


Philippians 2:10-11 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. God has big plans for us. It may not match our thinking or the plans that we make. But they are always greater, though they will never be ours, unless we desire for what His will is. I desire it with all the joy in my heart. Whatever God has in mind, my answer is YES. Always, yes.

"Thy will be done". 


No comments:

Post a Comment