Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Jesus and me



My People,

Good Morning! When you say you love someone, you can do them no wrong. And if you do, it is not because you loved, but the lack of it.
Love is forgiveness. No excuses whatever the reason. Anything other than that is a lie.
 
 
Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me; for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” Matthew 11:28-30
 

 
 
‘I swear’ belongs to John Michael Montgomery and All 4 one. It went on to be a chart topper. Beautiful words, a beautiful song. The title-word, swear does not do justice for as beautiful a song that this is.

I swear by the moon and the stars in the sky
And I swear like the shadow that's by your side

I see the questions in your eyes
I know what's weighing on your mind
You can be sure I know my part
'cause I stand beside you through the years
You'll only cry those happy tears
And though I make mistakes
I'll never break your heart

And I swear by the moon and the stars in the sky I'll be there
I swear like the shadow that's by your side I'll be there
For better or worse till death do us part
I'll love you with every beat of my heart
And I swear

I'll give you every thing I can
I'll build your dreams with these two hands
We'll hang some memories on the walls
And when (and when) just the two of us are there
You won't have to ask if I still care
'cause as the time turns the page
My love won't age at all

And I swear (I swear) by the moon and the stars in the sky I'll be there (I'll be there)
I swear (and I swear) like the shadow that's by your side I'll be there (I'll be there)
For better or worse till death do us part
I'll love you with every beat of my heart
And I swear

And I swear (I swear) by the moon and the stars in the sky I'll be there (I'll be there)
I swear (and I swear) like the shadow that's by your side I'll be there (I'll be there)
For better or worse (better or worse) till death do us part
I'll love you with every single beat of my heart
I swear
I swear
I swear

 





Hate is such an ugly word. My cousin, he always says, ‘hate is a strong word.’ I think listening to him preach that sentence to my head a zillion times, might have made an impact on me trying to avoid the word completely. Jesus says, “This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. Greater love has no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. You are my friends if you do what I command you. John 15:12-14American King James Version. He not only loved His friends, but also His enemies: But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. Matthew 5:44-45American King James Version. His love is so great that He died for us all!



12 This is my commandment, That you love one another, as I have loved you. 13 Greater love has no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. 14 You are my friends, if you do whatever I command you.
×44 But I say to you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which spitefully use you, and persecute you; 45 That you may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he makes his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.
×

When you love someone-I wonder of all the possibilities that a human could explore and of all the depths that a soul could undergo in the name of love. Love can turn our world upside down. Love will keep us humble for it has much to teach and I for one have much to learn.
Christ completely humbled Himself and remained faithful in doing His Father’s will all the way to His death: “In your relationships with one another, Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied himself, taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. And being found in human form he humbled himself and became obedient unto death, even death on a cross.   Philippians 2:5-8American King James Version. 5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: 6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: 7 But made himself of no reputation, and took on him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: 8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient to death, even the death of the cross.
×




 
Jesus said of Himself, even as the Son of man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.” Matthew 20:28Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered to, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.
American King James Version.
×
Login or Create an AccountWith a UCG.org account you will be able to save items to read and study later!Sign In | Si

We live in a self-promoting world. We look for shortcomings in others, so our own don't look so bad. We live in a world today that is focused a great deal of doing what’s best for me regardless of how it may affect others.

I have heard certain friends of mine complain about the management and the treatment at their workplace. But with time and a new position, they quickly forgot everything they complained about. The thing that happened to them now happens to someone else but they have blinded themselves to the situation. They feel no pain and no remorse. They have become heartless. So what they hated they now implement it on others. Money is the new power word.
 
I don’t like anyone being treated badly. I feel it a lot difficult to sit and do nothing when anyone is in trouble. My instinct would be to reach out and help. I never did worry of consequences and most times it hit me really bad. If the world be on one side then I would be pushed to the other. Tell me what gives us the right to treat people so bad?
Its worst when you watch someone suffer and it’s even more worst when you watch Christians have the upper hand to implement the suffering?

The below picture is what I found, as if an answer to the questions on my mind. I love you, Padre Pio. I always will.


 
These days when we are so focused on ourselves and what pleases us, are we really able to have the love and concern for others that God wants us to have?
Philippians 2:3 American King James Versionis very clear in this point where it states: Do nothing from selfishness or conceit, but in humility count others better than yourselves.Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.
×
Our actions should always be done with consideration of how it will affect others.
About a month back in the office, I heard one of the employees have a debate with regards to the procedures of work. Finally it is the supervisor, who lost his cool (the person he was arguing with is a person who likes to believe that she knows it all). Both failed to understand, it was work that got affected with their behaviour. This is what he said out loud, “you got to respect me.”
Respect cannot be commanded and certainly not because one has a higher position should it be handed over. In a professional environment, respect should be both ways. It is a work ethic.
What we fail to understand is if we fail to show reverence to God, we will always fall short on understanding how to respect another person or the rights an individual has. As a human being we must look for the well being of another human being. We should do things that uplift others. When we respect another human being we show our reverence to God, after all He is our Creator. This universe is His. We are all, His masterpiece.
Humility comes from the knowledge of our own unworthiness. When we esteem others better than ourselves, we are manifesting Humility.
Satan’s biggest flaw is pride. When we look at the shortcomings of others, it is an attempt to overlook our own shortcomings. We must love our neighbour as ourselves. If we are to imitate Christ, we have to put on Christ. Be the best Jesus we can possibly be.


 

but as he who called you is holy, be holy yourselves in all your conduct; since it is written, “You shall be holy, for I am holy.” 1 Peter 1:15-16.
Holy means allowing God to guide our paths. There is nothing we can do to make ourselves holy, but through the power of the Holy Spirit in us, we can walk in the way of God with Jesus. We are to reflect God.


There is something about people who are bold. To me it is an endearing quality and one that holds my attention. Today, the world is in lack.
Login or Create an AccountWith a UCG.org account you will be able to save items to read and study later!Sign In | Sign Up
The apostle Paul made it abundantly clear that without faith it is impossible to please God in Hebrews 11:6-7. Yet we all lack faith from time to time. These are areas that we need to avoid.

Often worries (anxieties) are over things like what we will eat, drink and wear Therefore I say to you, Take no thought for your life, what you shall eat, or what you shall drink; nor yet for your body, what you shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?
American King James Version.
×
When a storm struck the boat Jesus rebuked His apostles for being overly concerned for their safety: And behold, there arose a great storm on the sea, so that the boat was being swamped by the waves; but he was asleep. And they went and woke him, saying, “Save, Lord; we are perishing.” And he said to them, “Why are you afraid, O men of little faith?” Then he rose and rebuked the winds and the sea; and there was a great calm. Matthew 8:24-26American King James Version.24 And, behold, there arose a great tempest in the sea, so that the ship was covered with the waves: but he was asleep. 25 And his disciples came to him, and awoke him, saying, Lord, save us: we perish. 26 And he said to them, Why are you fearful, O you of little faith? Then he arose, and rebuked the winds and the sea; and there was a great calm.
×
1 John 4:18 explains, There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and he who fears is not perfected in love. There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear: because fear has torment. He that fears is not made perfect in love.
American King James Version
If we have perfect love we will not fear. But if we have fear we do not have perfect love. When we fear - we do not trust. It is natural to fear - but this is precisely why throughout the Bible, you will come across, the words, 'Do not be afraid.' When you believe you cannot choose to fear. Fear blinds us, it is a cloud that puts a patch so that we cannot see, because if we did, we would not be afraid. And when we cannot see, we need to believe in the Almighty God - that He alone can do the IMPOSSIBLE! To my God who alone can do the IMPOSSIBLE, Be all praise and glory! Amen.

When Peter was walking on water to meet Christ he began to sink. Christ pointed to the cause of the problem: “O you of little faith, why did you doubt?” Matthew 14:31American King James Version.31 And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said to him, O you of little faith, why did you doubt? 32 And when they were come into the ship, the wind ceased.
×

It is important that we do not fear a conflict (trial). Each one of us will face conflict at some time or the other. It can be a day or more or it can be for however long it takes. Conflicts are nothing but a trouble or area of trouble. Most of us run at the first sign of trouble or want nothing to do with it. Some of us get anxious and restless. We worry and give in to all our built in fears.

Question1. What if: - I am surrounded by a problem?
I don’t know how to deal with it. I don’t want to run. I hurt the most, it is natural to cry. It is natural to feel the need to want to run and never look back.
Question2. What if: - I don’t follow what fear tells me to do.
I choose to stand. I choose to remember the goodness of God. When I believe in God I know I will not be put to shame.

If the problem (conflict) never arises, then how will I know where I stand with God?






The beautiful thing of any given situation is that if you want to learn, you will learn a lot. Depending on how you look at a situation – not as yourself but with the grace of God. The most important aspect is deny myself. I have to always remember that I am nothing. I am nothing.  

1. A situation can be difficult or too difficult. Difficult for us, but never impossible for God.

2. God will never give us anything beyond what we can bear.

3. God gives us unlimited access to His grace; it is ours for the taking.

4. Free will. To accept what is in God’s will for each one of us.

5. When in torment - To completely surrender myself, in His hands – knowing that He is a Sovereign God.

6.     To trust implicitly in Him. To make no decisions by myself. If He tells me to move-then move I must, to whichever direction, He directs me to, I do. 
7. To be able to deny myself completely. To be able to accept that I am nothing. ‘I am dust and to dust I will return.’ When I deny myself, then the troubled area - my Cross, is no more difficult to carry, because Jesus gives me the courage and strength with assurance of His love to go on. Because now I am not alone. I never was.
  
 
   

Holy God to whom all praise is due,
Holy God I stand in awe of You!


It’s difficult to sing God’s praise when the situation is painful. I sing the above 2 lines, Holy God-to me implies that whatever I am in, is for my good, and You are so holy that I want to get near to You. I want to place my hand to Your heart and feel Your heartbeat. That this pain to get to You is worth it, because my God You are so Holy and I am my whole life will be in awe of You!


James 1:6 states: “But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed”  
“Wavering” means (human reasoning). Using too much human reasoning can limit our trust in God. There is to be no doubt. We are to come to God with the utmost confidence.



Sometimes as we sing a hymn, sometimes our mind tends to wander off to far away things. Sometimes we are just not there.


Paul thought it was important enough that he exhorted both the (Ephesians 5:19 addressing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody to the Lord with all your heart) and the (Colossians 3:16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teach and admonish one another in all wisdom, and sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs with thankfulness in your hearts to God.) 

 
Notice that in both scriptures our singing of hymns is to praise God
1. with all your heart
2. with thankfulness in your hearts to God

 
 
When we sing with all our hearts, therefore there will be a complete passion and that is what is required. One’s heart needs to come all open before God. When we sing in the manner that Paul exhorts of us in Colossians and Ephesians, we will experience joy because we sing with all thankfulness, it may not necessarily mean that we have everything working to perfection but what it does imply is that we trust God and we sing with that trust to Him in unison. Our song must stir the heart of God and make Him know just how wonderful and awesome a God, He is.

Faith in God produces joy. Faith in God means that we do not fear the storm. This is what I do. I sing. I sing to God, I sing His wonderfulness.


Holy God to whom all praise is due.
Holy God I stand in awe of You.



I have moments when things hurt a lot. And part of the reason could be that people hurt people. Sometimes people fail to understand how to be nice.

For each of us life can be a struggle. I have always gotten what God thought was necessary for my growth. And all the times He is on the dot. Not a minute before and not one second late.

Life has always been a roller coaster ride. I regret all the bad things I have done and the people I have hurt due to the consequence of my actions. I regret the hurt caused but if I say that I wish I had never done those wrongs - then seriously maybe I would never understand the love of God.

I have had fantastic moments in life-the moments I keep learning of the love of God and what His love does – what it does to my heart. My heart is on a constant fire and I am in no control.

So if you ask me what is a song? Wouldn’t it be all this, placing myself – my nothingness before Him, telling how wonderful He really is and that I am so in awe of Him every-time and every day. Therefore my heart will when it begins to sing only echo what I feel in the deepest-deep of my heart.

I will best explain it with what happens when Fr. Reuben begins with the introduction of the mass, with Lord have mercy. He sings it so differently and with a passion that stirs your heart. It is beautiful. My heart goes on a total spin; his manner of singing puts me right in the presence of God.


This is what singing should be all about. It should express passion it should stir your heart and motivate you to have no choice but to be moved totally and completely.



 
 
 
This is what I have been writing for a long time. I’ve heard the 9:15 choir from Mt. Carmel’s. They sing and maybe there are people who like it. I don’t know what you call that form of singing. But no matter how much they practise, I have never heard the crowd feel encouraged to sing. I never feel encouraged to sing myself. They perform for the Christmas mass, and it is a tragedy. They sing well but they fail to inspire the crowd to sing. That is no way to perform for the celebration of the mass and not Christmas when everyone wants to sing but no one does. Tell me why?

Day 30th October, 2016 – Sunday. After the 6:00 pm mass there was the Church Choir (I don’t remember what it was called). But all the choir groups participated in the event with the exception of the 06:00 pm Sunday mass choir. I missed hearing them.
Fr. Reuben had us hear – In Christ Alone. And I loved it. It was a beautiful event organised well by Fr. Reuben.
At the end of the event Fr. told us to help ourselves to have a sweet, in a way a reminder of the sweetness of the mercy of God. I took home and shared the sweet and I spoke the words of Fr. Reuben - a taste of the sweetness of the mercy of God. I loved the thought and the words written on it, God Bless.
Most beautiful pink and red roses in full bloom.
I love the way Fr. Reuben sings ‘Lord have mercy.’
I love the way he prays (with the whole congregation) after communion. He makes it so beautiful.  
 

Day 2nd November, 2016 – 5:30 Fr. Ashlyn, 6:30 Fr. Alavro & 7:30 Fr. Reuben.
After the 5:30 mass I left from the Church and on my way that is near St. Anthony’s home... I met Arlene and she asked me where I was headed to. I told her, home to get ready for the Bible Class. She informed me there was not going to be one today and she asked me to come to Church and I walked along with her. 
Each celebration of the mass was wonderful.
The celebration – the day of the souls, was unique and Fr. Reuben rendered the Eternal Rest in a different way. His way of singing was wonderful.
I waited for the blessing of the graves.


 
Day 4th November, 2016 – First Friday Fr. Reuben at the holy hour and the celebration of the mass.
 
I don’t attend funerals much. But this was one I did and it is going to be on my mind for a very long time. You may not like what I have to say, but it is the truth. The mass was celebrated by 5 Priests.
 
It was the son who made the eulogy. He started with how on one occasion they the brothers tried helping the mother by making the marzipans overnight. Being a perfectionist and when she woke up the next morning she had it re-done.
He spoke of his mother and how she travelled throughout the world. He named the seven countries his mother had been to and continued with saying that’s not all. Pride came with every word he spoke. He told his father worked for Air India.
He told us his mother contributed 1lakh to the charity services and how as kids they were not happy with it. He said they were now blessed when one of the brothers company (that he worked for) paid for all the medical expenses?
I seriously don’t believe that God operates that way, just because you give 1lakh and He will take care of you. God is a generous provider.
I don’t fancy the rich and powerful. They are of the opinion that they are always right. Twice he repeatedly told us, if we are not in the praise and worship (or something related to it) we should be. I thought from which angle was he praising God? He sat with his agenda. He glorified himself with thinking and fooling himself.

 
Children always want to be appreciated. If - No appreciation?
·         It breaks the confidence of the child.
·        Children want to feel secure. Always appreciate and always let them know how loved they are.
 
 
"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control."

The seven gifts of the Holy Spirit are: wisdom, understanding, counsel, knowledge, fortitude, piety, and fear of the Lord.

I don’t attend funerals because something’s are too much for me.
At the burial place, where they were to lay her down, they had songs like mother of mine and another you and I was speechless.
I mean if you love someone, whatever that relation is love has to be more than words. And if that person is no more you don’t have to convince anyone, because that person you love is gone. Who do you convince?
I can be blunt and at times I hold back not wanting to hurt. But now it is not upto me. I don’t think we should ever have a eulogy (talk) during the mass and certainly not standing on the altar. People talk proud and there is lack of reverence shown to God and that is disturbing.
This funeral took a toll on me. I pray to God for His grace to grow stronger to help me in my weakness. I need His grace immensely.




During the celebration of the mass:-
Priest:  TAKE THIS, ALL OF YOU, AND EAT OF IT: FOR THIS IS MY BODY WHICH WILL BE GIVEN UP FOR YOU.
I pray for all the different orders of Priests and nuns and those who are studying to become Priests and nuns. I pray for both our Popes. I pray to Jesus for their good health and for their protection from all evils.
Advantage point, is when Fr. Ashlyn celebrates the mass. I get more time to pray. Irrespective, I do pray for all.

Priest TAKE THIS, ALL OF YOU, AND DRINK FROM IT: FOR THIS IS THE CHALICE OF MY BLOOD, THE BLOOD OF THE NEW AND ETERNAL COVENANT, WHICH WILL BE POURED OUT FOR YOU AND FOR MANY FOR THE FORGIVENESS OF SINS. DO THIS IN MEMORY OF ME.
I pray for my family and the other members of family. I remember the people who asked me to pray for them. I pray for the world and for all of God’s people. I pray for good health and for protection from all evils.

Jesus meek and humble of heart make my heart like unto Thine!


Later in the mass-
Priest: Remember also our brothers and sisters who have fallen asleep in the hope of the resurrection and all who have died in your mercy: welcome them into the light of your face. Have mercy on us all, we pray, that with the blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of God, with the blessed Apostles, and all the Saints who have pleased you throughout the ages, we may merit to be co-heirs to eternal life, and may praise and glorify you through your Son, Jesus Christ.

I pray for all the souls in Purgatory - I pray for their release. I pray for all the souls, from the beginning of time to the next mass I attend – that my prayers be applicable to each soul and no one be left alone. I pray for each one. Each one matters to me.

 

Day 5th November, 2016 – Fr Alvaro mass.
Most beautiful Red Roses in the Church at Mt. Carmel’s.

Day 6th November, 2006 – Fr. Ashlyn celebration of the mass at 10:15 am.
Fr. Savio, Fr. William and Fr. Reuben for the 6:00 o’clock mass in the evening.
I was extremely happy at seeing Fr. William.  Also Fr. Savio’s homily ‘Beyond the grave’ was something I loved. He gave it with a conviction that is astounding.
 
The Eucharist minister-a tall lady wearing veil on her head -I stood in line for communion. But no sooner did she see me she began to pray. The brother (Priest to be) was on my left and so I opened my hands out to him. He looked surprised but immediately gave Jesus to me.
I have never seen a Eucharistic minister pray when in line to give communion. The things we do.
 
I am thankful to Fr. Ashlyn for stating that it was Fr. Lenny’s birthday. I did want to wish Fr. Lenny and I got my wish fulfilled in the evening.
Praise God!



23rd & 30th November, 2016 – I enjoyed both the days in Bible study. Fr. Ashlyn comes straight to the point. There are no 2 ways about it and I enjoy when he speaks in that manner. He is amazing with his words. I look forward to every Wednesday.
I thank Fr. Ashlyn, because most of what I write is what I understand of what Fr. teaches us.
I thank God for him.


14th November, 2016 – 3hours adoration.
21st November, 2016 – 3hours adoration.
5th December, 2016 – 3hours (I reached 08:35 approximately).


Jesus has told me that unless I leave the present job, Jesus cannot take me to where I need to be. Jesus wants to show me places and tell me things I have never seen or known.
Jesus has given me exceptions to certain things because of my present condition. I am actually a lot tired. But Jesus tells me that nothing will ever keep us apart. Jesus has promised to be with me always.
Like St. Peter, I pray, 'Lord, I believe; help my unbelief!'


 

About seven years back, the company I worked for took us on a charity drive to ‘Our Lady’s home, Dadar (orphanage home for boys). There was this little boy, called ‘Daniel’ who sat alone and never spoke with anyone. All the other boys were easy to mix with but not Daniel. When I got to know his name, I just sat next to him and never moved. He asked me to remember him always and I said, I always will.
I am not fond of having snaps clicked. I always run miles away from snaps. But not on that day, I did not. I was seated and I held on to Daniel and there was this friend of mine, who was seated next to me.
I was the happiest that day and when the snap was being clicked I just had my arm around this friends shoulder. My friend, who I call ‘H’.
The person who clicked the snaps somehow when showing the snaps conveniently hid that snap away. I did not say a word, for I understood why she did what she did.
What you click into your heart remains forever than what is printed on paper.


Psalm 121:8 - The Lord will keep your going out and your coming in from this time forth and for evermore. My end of days in my present company and God is my Watcher. HE has given my friend ‘H’ as my supervisor. The LORD is good to me. I told this friend what I had kept to myself for years. I am blessed and praise the LORD.


As I write, I think of the times, and I know by myself, I can do nothing. It is God’s grace and mercy on me.
There are so many reasons, to hold on to all the bad, to want to choose to be selfish. Life has a way of placing those times and moments when left with little choice – rather no choice at all and you want to give way to hating because that is what you experience all around you. For nearly 21/2-3 years, I knew I was tired, there were moments, I felt completely exhausted. If i say, blood suckers, believe me I'm still being polite. I am not diplomatic and I don't believe in hypocrisy. Wrong is wrong it does not become right unless someone and everyone wants change. Work was interesting and I loved it, I still do. But not the way we were being made to work. It was taking a toll and was nothing short of hell. Believe me I have raised this issue in the office so many times. But everybody is so blind.
I worked hard and I have given it my all. I have been faitful. I am grateful to God for the 11 years.

I leave from home at 06:15 in the morning. I have a breakfast at 05:50 a.m. and then when I come home at 07:30-8:00 in the evening that is when I actually have something to eat. There are days that I have reached home after 09:00 in the night.
Apart from work, I would hardly get time at home. I missed being at Church. My life came to a complete standstill. There were months, where we worked for 6 days and tirelessly.

Now that I am serving my notice period and the end is so very near, I have come to feeling the pressure all ease away. I am beginning to find myself again. Things don’t all make sense in the head – due to the pressure. But given time, I will get there, God willing.

Completion Date: 30th November, 2016.

Day 30th November, 2016 – I meet Fr. Alvaro near the statue of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, near the staircase and I am so happy to see him. I am happy to share this moment. I'm so happy since Fr. Alvaro always enquired about how things were with me.
Day 30th November, 2016  – Jesus had asked me to come to His presence (Holy Eucharist) after the Bible study. As I was entering Fr. Lenny also came in. It was my day, Jesus everywhere.
 

Let freedom ring! I sing in the words of Martin Luther King Jr.
And when this happens, and when we allow freedom ring, when we let it ring from every corner of the world, we will be able to sing, "Free at last! Free at last! Thank God Almighty, we are free at last!"


 

With all my Love,
For Love Prevails!
AnitA.


 


PRAYER: Abba, Father, keep me obedient and always faithful. Remember, this your servant.

Mama Mary keep me humble, I pray. Amen.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment